Kega Fusion is a reliable emulator that has been developed to manage plenty of different consoles. It offers a good user experience, is free, and provides good performances.
Kega Fusion for PC is a free emulator supporting lots consoles including Master System, Game Gear, Genesis/Mega Drive, and more. It provides a minimalistic but well-featured environment that gives everything you need to run your good old games for free. In addition to the standards emulation features, Kega Fusion also provides ways to export images, audio, and videos. Here we give you a detailed explanation of all the features you will love to discover.
- Accurate by design: Kega Fusion has been designed to deliver a higher result on accuracy than its competitors as it doesn't accept inaccurate rendering on audio and visuals of running the game faster. Moreover, the emulator has been coded to be pretty optimized to deliver a smooth user experience. So what you will get is a really authentic game experience that might remind you of the good old days with lots of additional features.
- Versatile: Kega Fusion support many different consoles and file formats, including Master System, Game Gear, Genesis/Mega Drive, Sega SG-1000, SC-3000, SF-7000, SVP, Pico, Sega/Mega CD, and 32X emulator. You just need to download the game ROM or image you need, and you can start playing it right away.
- Save and load slots: You can save game states on the fly whenever you want and reload it later. You will restart with the same game state, which is very helpful when playing games with low-save supports or when you are about to begin a challenging level. Moreover, you can save on up to 10 different slots.
- Lots of options: The emulator lets you tweak many options. Hence, you can change the video options to adapt the screen resolution, activate VSync or toggle fullscreen, the audio options to shape your audio experience, the general options to modify the controls, the specific console's settings, and more.
- Play at your own pace: Thanks to the fast forward feature, you can make the game run faster. That kind of feature is always appreciated as you will be able to save lots of time, you no longer need to wait for all the game cooldowns, and skip all the parts you don't want faster. Last but not least, you can also pause the game whenever you want.
- Handy export: Kega Fusion provides a handy image, audio, and video export feature so that you can save any sound and export it to WAV or VGM file format, as well as exporting video stream to AVI files.
- Portable: Kega Fusion is a portable emulator, which means that you can copy the software file on a USB key and play it on any computer you want without leaving traces.
How does Kega Fusion for PC work?
You need to download and install the software we provide you at the top of the page and a compatible game file you can find on lots of reliable dedicated websites. Then you can start the emulator, go to File > Load if you want to launch a new game (you can also drag&drop the game file to the emulator), choose File > Load State if you wish to continue a game you saved earlier, or File > Change State Slot. Once you play, you can access all the features using the top panel. To change the key mapping, you can simply go to Options > Set Config and go to the Controllers panel.
Note that when you play, if entering the fullscreen mode makes the software crash, you can quickly fix it by right-clicking on Fusion.exe > Properties > Compatibility > check "Disable Fullscreen Optimizations".
Is it free?
Kega Fusion is totally free to download and use.
Is it safe
Even though Kega Fusion is closed-source, it is 100% safe, and no malware or data leaks have been detected. We still always recommend being careful when downloading and installing ROMS and images as the pages can be unsafe, and files may contain malware.
- Operating system: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, or later
- Processor: Any modern processor
- Memory: 200 MB RAM
- Graphics: Any modern graphics card, DirectX 7.0
- Storage: 100 MB (plus the additional game roms you will download)