Scribus download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Scribus is an open-source application dedicated to the design and publication of documents. Using Scribus, you'll be able to create magazines, newspapers, books, brochures, and any other type of printed or digital publication from scratch.
What is Scribus?
Scribus is a free, open-source desktop publishing software for page layout and file preparation for professional-quality image-setting equipment. Released in 2003, developers have constantly updated it over the years, and it still stands as a super useful solution.
What are the key features of Scribus?
- Interface: It features a super easy and intuitive interface that makes it pleasant to use for everyone.
- Tools: Its professional type/image-setting features include CMYK and ICC color management. It also contains several tools like vector drawings and many more.
- Full of content: It comes with several predefined templates for those who want to get started in design and composition of layouts without having to start from scratch.
- Format support: It uses an open-source XML-based file format and supports almost all major graphic formats, such as SVG, EPS (Encapsulated PostScript), PS (PostScript), TIFF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, AI (Adobe Illustrator), and many more.
- Printing: It uses PostScript Level 3 drivers for printing, supporting TrueType, Type 1, and OpenType fonts.
- Flexible by design: It is able to create dynamic PDF documents and allows you to include transparencies and markup, encryption, notes, and interactive form fields, among others.
- Scripting: Featuring a built-in scripting engine in Python, you can code and add scripts to Scribus for lots of different purposes, whether it is to automate repetitive tasks, extend existing features, or perform specific tasks to fit your particular needs. Even though you may need to spend some time learning how to use scripts, it allows you to extend the endless possibilities of Scribus.
- Smooth learning curve: Both amateurs and professionals can learn how to use it to produce high-quality publications. Over the years, a strong community has grown around it, and success stories keep stacking one after another.
- Available worldwide: It is available in 60 languages.
How to use Scribus?
Scribus is a complete solution, so the best thing you can do to get started is to take a look at the official wiki page, where you will find the original tutorial as OpenOffice and PDF files, among other resources. Also, you can consult the community forum, where someone is always ready to help you.
Is it free?
Scribus is an open-source software, so you can use it free of charge.
Is it safe?
Yes, Scribus is a safe piece of software, so you can use it with total peace of mind.