Joomla! download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Joomla! (formerly known as Mambo) is a content management system designed to create and manage websites easily. As it offers a wide variety of features and specific tools for this purpose, it has an active community of developers and users.
What is Joomla!?
Joomla! is an open-source content management system (CMS) that provides users with all the tools to create and manage websites practically and intuitively. It was launched in 2005 as Mambo and has since been used to create various content and websites.
With Joomla! you can configure and finely add content to your websites, including text, images, videos, documents, and more. It allows users to create pages, publish articles, manage menus, and simply organize content. It also offers features designed to customize your website's look and functionalities, such as templates, extensions, and other components.
You can use this content management system for a wide variety of content, including corporate or small business sites or portals, magazine sites, online newspapers and editorial publications, e-commerce, official government or NGO pages, community portals, personal or professional homepages, blogs, and much more!
What are the key features of Joomla!?
- Content management: With Joomla! you can use all the necessary components to manage your website. It has several publishing tools to handle your content, an editor you can use without prior knowledge of code, a media manager, the ability to organize content by category, and much more!
- Flexible and extensible system: Being an open-source platform, Joomla! is a flexible CMS with extensible features through a huge catalog of extensions. It also offers you multiple high-quality templates. Hence, it is much easier for you to implement custom designs on your website.
- Search engine optimization: It comes with several SEO tools to associate each element with its own meta description and keywords so that the most important sections of your content stand out. Whenever you create an article or menu item, the platform sets up an alias based on its PHP string and establishes links to specific pages, making it more recognizable to the user and the search engine.
- Multilingual: More than 80 language packs are available, and you can manage multilingual content easily.
- Scale: The core design of Joomla! makes it very easy to evolve according to your needs, which allows it to adapt to more complex problems and manage websites with a large volume of traffic and content.
- Active community: A large community of developers and users contribute daily by improving and adding new features.
- Security: The codebase is open-source and designed with security at the core. In addition, it comes with an authentication system and extensive levels of access control. The Joomla! security team always strives to keep your websites secure.
How to use Joomla!?
There are many valuable resources on the official website for beginners, administrators, developers, and even for those who want to contribute to Joomla!. If you need to acquire your domain, there is a specific post about that topic. Also, you can reach the Joomla! community forum to seek help.
How to install Joomla!?
If you plan to install Joomla! for the first time, we advise you to consult the detailed installation guide.
How to upgrade Joomla! 3 to 4?
In case you are planning to upgrade Joomla! 3 to 4, you should follow the dedicated step-by-step migration.
Is Joomla! free?
Yes, Joomla! is entirely free to use and open-source. Still, you may find some paid third-party extensions, but most are free.
Is Joomla! safe?
Joomla! is considered safe to use as an open-source CMS. Just ensure your third-party plugins are safe before using them.