FNaF World is an indie role-playing video game created by Scott Cawthon and is the first official spin-off of the FNaF series. Featuring over 40 characters of the FNaF titles, you will explore and travel in a new world where strange things have started happening.
This time your story takes place in a world inhabited by various characters and enemies from the Five Nights at Freddy's series. As you explore the world, you will find many different biomes and an inner dimension known as the Flipside, where glitches allow you to travel to otherwise unreachable places. You will be able to build a team, take control of them and find out why the world has started to become distorted and broken. Face strange glitches and ugly monsters, and restore the world to what it used to be. But be careful, as something even more sinister may be hiding behind the curtain, pulling the strings.
- Hello again friends: You will be able to play over 40 characters from the first four FNaF titles.
- Explore: You will explore the different parts of this world and gain access to new areas throughout your journey, including Pinwheel Funhouse, Blacktomb Yard, Deep-Metal Mine, Fazbear Hills, Dusting Fields, Pinwheel Circus, and more. Once a new area is revealed, and you press a particular button somewhere in it, you can then teleport to this new area from your overworld map.
- Fight: You will experience turn-based battles in which you will choose between three available commands for each character. Depending on the command's color, the effect will be different: pink commands heal the team, white ones provide status buffs, orange is a single-target attack, red are area attacks, green ones are poisonous attacks, and black attacks may instantly kill the enemy. Of course, every character has its own set of available commands. During combat, you can swap your current team with the reserve team.
- Enemies and bosses: You will face several enemies depending on the area you explore, as well as bosses and secret bosses. So pay attention and take them down.
- Progress: Upon defeating enemies, you will gain experience points and Faz Tokens you can use to buy upgrades like Bytes and Chips. That's an important part of the game, as it will drastically increase your power and help you during combats.
- Minigames: You will find a dedicated area where you can play and complete minigames to unlock new characters, such as Foxy Fighters, Chica's Magic Rainbow, Foxy.EXE, and more.
Graphics and sound
FNaF World offers simple, cartoonish-looking, 3D pre-rendered graphics that match the game type and universe. Tons of visual and audio feedback makes exploring and fighting fun. The cherry on top is that the great soundtrack has been composed by artist Leon Riskin.
Duration and game modes
FNaF World is a game you can finish in about 10 hours if you only focus on the main story. But if you strive to explore everything it offers, it can take up to 30 hours. The game features two levels of difficulty, Normal and Hard, but also two game modes:
- Adventure: You will find new characters as you play and add them to your team.
- Fixed Party: You will compose two fixed teams and stick with them throughout the game, which is more complicated.
What do the reviews say?
FNaF World has no official Metacritic score but has been rated 6.1/10 by players. It received mixed reviews both from users and professionals because it was launched with many bugs that were addressed later.
The game has no PEGI or other official age rating. It doesn't contain any form of explicit violence but may not be considered appropriate for a young audience, as some scenes may be frightening.