The Awkward Potion itself doesn't have many magical powers in Minecraft. However, if you mix it with other ingredients, you can brew some very useful potions for healing, regeneration, strength and so much more. Read on to find out how to make an Awkward Potion in Minecraft on any platform, including Windows, PS4, and Xbox One.
What is the Awkward Potion recipe?
An Awkward Potion Recipe includes several ingredients:
- A Crafting Table (craft with 4 Wood Planks)
- A Brewing Stand (craft with 1 Blaze Rod and 3 Cobblestones)
- 1 Blaze Powder (craft with 1 Blaze Rod)
- 1 Water Bottle
- 1 Nether Wart
However, you will need to get these ingredients first. In the next chapter, you'll discover how to find them.
How to make an Awkward Potion in Minecraft?
- Blaze Powder is the power source for the Brewing Stand. Craft Blaze Powder with a Blaze Rod that is dropped when you kill a blaze in the Nether dimension.
- Make a Crafting Table with 4 wood planks. Any type of plank (Warped Planks, Crimson Planks, etc.) will suffice.
- Place the Crafting Table on the ground and open it to bring up the 3X3 crafting grid.
- Put 1 Blaze Rod in the middle of the top row, then add 3 Cobblestones in the middle row to craft a Brewing Stand.
- Place the Brewing Stand on the ground and interact with it to get the brewing menu.
- Activate the Brewing Stand by adding 1 Blaze Powder to the box in the upper-left corner of the brewing menu.
- Put a Water Bottle in one of the three boxes at the bottom of the brewing menu. You can make up to 3 potions by putting Water Bottles in the other bottom boxes.
- Put 1 Nether Wart in the top cell of the brewing menu.
- Finally, the brewing process will start, and you will have an Awkward Potion in a few seconds.
What does an Awkward Potion do in Minecraft?
An Awkward Potion is an essential ingredient for various potions in Minecraft:
Awkward Potion + Spider Eye = Potion of Poison (Reduces maximum health)
- Awkward Potion + Ghast Tear = Potion of Regeneration (Restore health in a few seconds)
- Awkward Potion + Blaze Powder = Potion of Strength (Increases the outgoing attack damage)
- Awkward Potion + Golden Carrot = Potion of Night Vision (Gives the ability to see in darkness)
- Awkward Potion + Magma Cream = Potion of Fire Resistance (Gives resistance from fire and lava)
- Awkward Potion + Pufferfish = Potion of Water Breathing (Gives the ability to breathe underwater)
- Awkward Potion + Turtle Shell = Potion of the Turtle Master (Gives resistance and slowness)
- Awkward Potion + Sugar = Potion of Swiftness (Increases movement speed)
- Awkward Potion + Glistering Melon = Potion of Healing (Restores health immediately)
- Awkward Potion + Phantom Membrane = Potion of Slow Falling (Reduces the speed of falling)
- Awkward Potion + Rabbit's Foot = Potion of Leaping (Increases the jump height)