Halo Infinite is the sixth main installment in the well-known sci-fi shooter saga. The game's protagonist is once again the Master Chief, who will have to put an end to the chaos and save the future of humanity.
Halo Infinite’s single-player story follows the events of Halo 5. The game takes place on Zeta Halo, also known as Installation 07. The ring appears to have been taken over by The Banished, a mercenary organization led by Atriox, a powerful warmaster that once fought against the Covenant. Now that all hope is lost and humanity's fate is running out, it is up to Master Chief to battle one of the most ruthless enemies he's ever faced.
- Customize your character: Halo Infinite's multiplayer mode has an extensive customization system and you can bring your Spartan to life by choosing its clothing, armor, weapons, etc. In addition, by completing certain objectives, you will have access to a large number of new cosmetic items.
- The Seasons: Each Halo Infinite Season lasts approximately 3 months and brings additional content to the game, such as new maps. The Battle Pass is also still present.
- Notably improved physics: When vehicles take damage, this becomes more visible than ever before (for example, wheels falling off). Ultimately, a damaged vehicle can even come to explode.
- Crossplay: The game supports cross-progression and cross-play between PC and Xbox consoles, so you can play with all your friends regardless of the device they use.
- Practice makes perfect: This installment also includes a game mode (Academy mode) that will work as a tutorial, to practice with the new weapons against an army of bots.
Halo Infinite boasts a new graphics engine called Slipspace, which according to the developers is the most powerful ever used in the series. You can expect to find highly detailed environments and more realistic game dynamics.
Duration and game modes
The game features the classic campaign mode and a revamped multiplayer mode, being one of the most celebrated aspects of the saga. Halo Infinite's multiplayer mode will be different from the previous installment and will be completely free. Within this we will mainly find two game modes: Arena (4 players) and BTB (big teams). As mentioned above, it also features an Academy mode to put your skills to work. On average, you should be able to complete the single-player campaign mode between 10-12 hours.
What do the reviews say?
Halo Infinite is currently rated 80/100 on Metacritic.
"Halo Infinite offers the full Master Chief experience in a big, beautiful sandbox. While 343 may not be breaking new ground with the light open-world elements it has added, it has done a great job of creating a solid experience for new and returning players alike." (The Loadout)
This game is rated PEGI 16. It contains scenes of violence that take place during combat. You will find realistic-looking melee attacks that involve firearms and explosives.