Splitgate is a free-to-play and fast-paced multiplayer shooter that features portals controlled by players delivering multi-dimensional and high-flying combats where innovative and clever strategies will emerge.
- The portal mechanic: Splitgate combines a fast-paced multiplayer shooter with the fine-tuned portal mechanic that allows you to experience even more fast combats but with a high-flying and multidimensional flavor. Portals bring a unique and refreshing taste to the genre so that you will be able to fly and frag through the air, confuse enemies, and invent new clever strategies,
- Weaponry: There is a vast catalog of available weapons, including Sniper, Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Railgun, Pistol, Battle Rifle, Plasma Rifle, SMG, Assault Rifle, Carbine, and a BFB. A weapon for each scenario and player, you will never run out of ideas about how to kill your foes.
- Rank and challenges: You will be able to climb in the competitive leaderboard and ranking system playing dozens of customizable characters. Among others, plenties of different challenges await you.
- Cross-platform: Splitgate features cross-play functionality that allows you to play with or against your friends and other players across multiple PCs and consoles.
- A smooth learning curve: All the mechanics and controls being fine-tuned, you will be up and running right off the bat. You will be able to party with friends of any skill level, and you can also create a custom lobby with modifiers to play any way you like. Give Big-Head Mode with low gravity and unlimited ammo a try, and you will experience lots of fun.
- Lots of maps: Splitgate offers you more than 20 different and unique maps that will challenge all your skills and bring the most out of you. Enjoy lots of different ambiances and atmospheres, such as an underwater luxury hotel, an alien crash site, an oasis, an ancient temple, and much more.
Graphics and sound
Splitgate features beautiful sci-fi graphics in rich and beautiful environments. The sound and the audio feedback are also coherent with the gameplay to make you feel an immersive and pleasurable experience.
Duration and game modes
Splitgate offers a fast-paced multiplayer experience you will enjoy during dozens of hours in over 15 different game modes:
- 2v2: This is the classic 2v2 where two teams of players fight each other.
- Team Deathmatch: Pick a side and be part of an exciting 4v4 player fight where teams will have to score as many points as possible before the time elapsed.
- Free For All: In this game mode, six players fight each other and have to score points by killing each other.
- Contamination: This is an asymmetrical game mode where two teams of four players, one plays the contaminated, the other one plays the humans, will have to compete in an asymmetrical game. The contaminated team begins with only a melee weapon bat, and the human team carries shotguns, let the slaughter begins.
- King of The Hill: You will be part of a team and will have to secure a specific location for an amount of time. For each secured area, the victorious team scores a point. The team with the most points wins the match. Teamwork is vital if you want to make a difference.
- Domination: In Domination, the players will have to secure and gain control of three locations around the map. Each secure site is worth one point. The team that hits the score limit first wins the score limit.
- Capture The Flag: In this intense game mode inspired by Halo, the player on one team must reach and capture the other team’s flag located at a specific location, then return the flag to their base to score a point. The team with the most points wins the match.
- Teabag Confirmed: In this team deathmatch variation, you will have to teabag the knocked player to confirm or deny the kill. The first team to reach the kill limit wins.
- Team SWAT: This can be set as a variation of the Free-for-all, 2v2, solo, Instagib, and Teabag Confirmed modes. The available weapons are only riffles and pistols, headshots, and instant-kills ahead.
- Oddball: This game mode is similar to Capture the Flag, but points are scored by holding a ball objective. Oddball can be played in a team setting or as a free-for-all.
- InstaGib: In InstaGib, you will be given a powerful Railgun that can fire instantly. The combats are going to be fast and thrilling. You can also play this game mode in a team setting.
- Team Shotty Snipers: Every player will spawn with a shotgun and a sniper rifle. Kill the enemy team and be the first team to reach 50 points to win the match.
- Team Fiesta: It is a free-for-all with randomized loadout upon death.
- Gun Game: Every time you kill another player, you will receive another new weapon. The game mode objective is to perform a kill using each weapon until you have cycled through them all. The winner is the player who cycles the fastest.
- Splitball: A variation of the Oddball game mode where all weapons are removed except for the BFB and Oddball. Instead, everybody spawns with a melee bat weapon called BFB and must fight for control of the Oddball to score points. Everyone’s speed has also been increased to 150 percent of the default speed.
- Takedown: You will have to eliminate all players of the other team. The more you die, the longer you will wait before respawning. The match is composed of rounds; the first team winning the four rounds wins the game.
- Showdown: It is a variation of the Takedown game mode with no respawn during rounds.
- More: Lots of other team/solo variations are available so that you can enjoy countless hours of fun and replayability.
What do the reviews say?
Splitgate is rated 69/100 on Metacritic.
"The gameplay underneath all the standard trappings is impressively solid." (Game Revolution)
Splitgate is rated PEGI 16 as it contains strong violence.