iMovie download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
iMovie is a piece of software that helps non-professionals to transform their videos into Hollywood-quality clips. In addition, there is a possibility to edit your videos at resolutions up to 4K from your Mac, iPhone or iPad and export the final clip to share it with friends.
What is iMovie?
iMovie is Apple's very own video editing application. It saw its first daylight in October 1999, more than two decades ago. The software comes pre-installed on most Mac and iOS devices. Whilst initially a paid application, Apple decided to make iMovie completely free of charge for all Apple owners in 2017.
What are the key features of iMovie?
- Video editing: Import movies and edit them by using various built-in tools, add transitions, cut the unnecessary parts, speed up or slow down the clip, enhance the picture, stabilize shaky videos, and so much more.
- Various filters and effects: To make each video unique, iMovie comes with several enhancing effects like slow motion, fast forward, instant replay, rewind, flash, hold, picture-in-picture, side-by-side, green-screen effects, and much more.
- Templates: iMovie offers different trailer templates such as Romantic Comedy, Adventure and Epic Drama. Each of them has its own title, soundtrack and graphics.
- Soundtrack: It seamlessly integrates into iTunes, allowing users to import their own soundtracks. Users are also able to enhance these soundtracks by using noise reduction controls and a 10-band audio equalizer.
- Customization: You can make your video clip more professional by adding a logo, cast names, credits, etc.
- Export: Once the movie is created, users can export it to iTunes, where it is watchable from portable devices like iPhone, iPod, iPad and Apple TV. It is also possible to publish it on YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and MobileMe Gallery, or simply save it on your computer and send it to friends by email.
How does iMovie work?
Immediately after users import their videos, iMovie organizes them by Events. Next, users are able to drag and drop multiple clips into the order they would like them to appear in their videos, adding titles, transitions and background music along the way.
Is it free?
Yes, the app is completely free of charge and comes pre-installed on all Apple devices.