Long and continuous use of the same printer over an extended period of time will prompt the printer to indicate that certainparts of the printer are about to expire. This however, is not always true. This expiry message is a result of printer software designed to block printing after a certain number of pages have been printed. There is software available that can help override this restriction by successfully reassigning the page counter to its initial seed value. Read on to find out more.
'Parts of Your Printer Are at The End of Their Service Life'
Before you resign yourself to buying a new printer, try these tips to prolong the life of your current one.
Solution to The Error Message
The printer is set to display that message after printing a certain number of pages. The number of pages depends on the exact model you are using. This means the message you are seeing is not caused by faulty equipment - it is a response to having used it a set number of times.
To get around this problem follow these steps to reset the printer's in-built counter to 0:
- Download the free SCC service utility here.
- Then click on sscservve.exe to set it up
- When you close this program, a printer icon should appear on you taskbar.
- Right click on the printer icon and select Protection counter
- Select Show current value
- This should show you information on the number of pages printed and the maximum value
- If the Current value is greater than the Maximum value, this indicates that the problem is due to the number of pages already printed
- In this case, go to Protection counter > Reset protection counter > Clear Counter overflow
- The current value should be reset to 0
- Restart your PC and your problem should be solved
Image: © 123RF.com
- Parts inside your printer are at the end of their service life. see your printer documentation.
- Parts inside your printer are at the end of their service life - Best answers
- Parts inside your printer are near the end of their service life. see your printer documentation. - Best answers
- A printer's ink pad is at the end of its service life. please contact epson support. - How-To - Printers
- Epson L220 ink pad has reached the end of its service life ✓ - Forum - Printers/Scanners
- How to solve epson ink pad is at the end of its service life error message probl - Forum - Printers/Scanners
- Epson L210 ink pads end of service life ✓ - Forum - Printers/Scanners
- Printer ink pad is at the end of service life l220 ✓ - Forum - Printers/Scanners