Printing an A5 booklet using an A4 sheet can be quite challenging. While printing it straightforwardly would most likely spoil the output, the solution is to change the printer's settings and the Word document.
Can I print A5 size on A4 paper?
Generally, it is impossible to print an A5 layout on A4 paper because of the margins that must be trimmed. However, there is an easy workaround method that can help. Read on.
How to print an A5 booklet?
The first step is to change the print layout of a single page in the Word document to somewhat similar to a book. After this, one needs to change the printer's settings by accessing the Control Panel and changing the page layout to a compatible format. All that is left to do is to take back-to-back prints and the user will have an A5 booklet using only A4 sheets.
- A working printer
- A computer running Microsoft Word
Arrange the Word file so that a page gets the same format as a page from the book (both sides).
- Create a file, click on File > Print.
- Click on Properties opposite to the name of the printer.
- The Control Panel of the printer opens. Under the Layout (or similar), choose Portrait.
- In the Orientation of paper and layout options page (or similar), choose Document attached (or similar) > OK.
- Again in the Print window, select the menu Print: even and odd pages.
Now your printer should print duplex to create a booklet!