Brother MFC-290C not printing black ? (or any other color for that matter)
REAL Solution (If the 'cleaning' option didn't work)
1. Get one of those COMPRESSED AIR CANS.
2. Remove all cartridges.
3. hold the air can nozzle tight to where the ink is drawn from.
4. blast away (Some spray-back is expected so hold some tissue or something over everything so that you don't get ink dots all over your face.
Print a self-test page
1. Make sure the printer is on and loaded with unused, plain, white paper.
2. Press the * and # keys at the same time and then press 1, 2, and 7 .
3. Press the Right-arrow key to select Reports and then press the OK .
4. Press the Left-arrow key and select the vpp self test . The test page prints.
That will help narrow down the problem. If it prints black on the test page, we know it is something to do with the software.