Exit safemode

Closed
TomEd82 - Sep 20, 2017 at 05:05 PM
 TomEd82 - Sep 24, 2017 at 12:24 AM
Hello,

How do you exit Safe Mode on a Dell Laptop without being able to see the screen. It won't show on the external screen either.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 20, 2017 at 05:07 PM
It is very simple. PRESS and HOLD the power button until it turns off! This is known as a hard shut down, and should never be performed, unless by the direction of a technician! VIOLA! Press and hold the power button!
Sorry...I should have mentioned that the laptop had been put in safe mode through the msconfig command prompt
Blocked Profile
Sep 20, 2017 at 05:29 PM
Well, that is a sticky widget!

If you have hardset the safe mode, then this is tough. Well, cannot offer an option of RDP into the machine, safemode prevents networking. Did you enable networking? If so, do you know the PC name? Can you gain access to another workstation, place it on the same network segment, and Remote into it as a Remote desktop?
TomEd82 > Blocked Profile
Sep 20, 2017 at 08:01 PM
Well, I found the computer on the network but I'm unable to access it via remote desktop
Blocked Profile
Sep 22, 2017 at 06:56 PM
Sorry for delays.

What operating system is it?

Have you tried to hit WINDOWS KEY + P after hooking up the external monitor?
All good.

Yes, I tried that and it didn't work. I"m still trying to figure out a way to get the projection on to the external screen so i can get out of safe mode