Can't Exit Aptio Ultility setup; Window won't load [Solved/Closed]

Registration date
Sunday December 14, 2014
Status
Last seen
December 14, 2014
-
Hi,

My laptop is an Asus X550LA. All of a sudden, my laptop switch to Aptio utility setup. Window won't load at startup and I can't exit to go to Window.

I checked the Hard drive and it does not get detected. Does that mean that I should buy a new Hard drive for my laptop? Or, is there a better solution?

Please help!
See more 

1 reply

Best answer
approved by Ratnendra Ashok on Jan 29, 2019
Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Last seen
June 15, 2019
Thank you
Hey,

I have an Asus Notebook X501A and it has just happened to me; I am running Windows 8.1 and I have done nothing at all that may have caused this.

Here's what I did that was successful:
  • Select the Boot menu in the Aptio setup utility, select 'Launch CSM' and change to enable
  • Select the Security menu n the Aptio setup utility, select 'Secure Boot Control' and change to disable
  • Select Save & Exit and press 'yes'
  • Hold down the power button until the unit switches power off completely
  • Switch back on and continually press the F9 button for about ten seconds; this should now allow the unit to boot up into the Windows Recovery menu
  • Select 'Advanced Start Up' and wait until the recovery menu appears
  • Select ' Advanced Options'
  • Select 'System Restore' and select a date prior to when the problem occurred

System Restore worked perfectly for me.

Good luck!

Say "Thank you" 3

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 5973 users have said thank you to us this month

Did you solve your boot media problem? I have the same problem please guide me.
You rock man.. thanks
my laptop doesn't allow launch csm what do I do?? it's asus x455L series and i'm using windows 10 please help it just happened yesterday, I can't leave aptio setup utility even though I select discard changes and exit, or when I choose restore defaults help me please nothing happens
I have the Same problem with my Asus K401U. Actually what is the problem??
Does not work on mine. After pressing F9 only cursor is appearing