Laptop starts up, shows screensaver but no icons

Closed
Ancois Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday December 5, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 5, 2017 - Dec 5, 2017 at 02:47 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 5, 2017 at 04:22 PM
Hi everyone.
Im having this ghostly problem with my laptop.
After my 10 year old son used it, really dont know what he did, niether does he, my laptop starts as normal, ask for my password, logging me in but screen is just green with the bubbles screensaver...
Nothing but nothing else is there...
Ive read the other comments and solutions but pressing ctl+alt+del doent even work...screen stays green...so I presses with both hands down on al the keys and played around and got in some file thats my new desktop now...all the icons that used to be on my origanal start up desktop is now somewhere else. Ive tried refreshing and dragging but thats about it...im not a expert in these things. I dont have internet on the laptop, I only use it for my personal things.
Battery went out so now again im stuck with the blank screen and bubbles but cant seem to get that right buttons again to take me into the system...
Pls pls help...
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Dec 5, 2017 at 04:22 PM
What is your operating system?