Got a new mother board ASUS M2N68-AM

Closed
hone26 Posts 9 Registration date Thursday April 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2009 - Jun 4, 2009 at 04:17 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 8, 2010 at 02:37 PM
Hello,
my old motherboard was GA-K8NN51GMF-9 GIGABYTE , replace with the ASUS , I want to retreive as much data off the hard drive before i run window again,i have a comp with vista and the other comp has xp ,that is the one i need the files out of ,can i safely copy to the vista comp,it has 66 gigs left on it ,because i want to return the files save back to the hard drive once windows has been reinstalled ,and do i just plug it into where the vista one is plugged into on the motherboard,an do i need to plug anything else into it an what do i do from there , thanx for the help cheers john
Related:

6 responses

hone26 Posts 9 Registration date Thursday April 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2009 3
Jun 4, 2009 at 10:30 PM
i have a western digital WD3200 with a thin tape connector
Blocked Profile
Jun 4, 2009 at 04:23 AM
Hello,

You will need to connect your hard drive to the new pc and copy all your useful files from the older one!!
This tip will who you how to connect a slave hard drive to your machine

Link: http://ccm.net/contents/assemblage/branchement disques durs.php3
hone26 Posts 9 Registration date Thursday April 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2009 3
Jun 5, 2009 at 08:25 PM
thanx worked a treat
Jun 6, 2009 at 11:24 PM
Ok transfered all Data back to new computer ,but came across a problem when running xp installation ,keep coming up with D:\i386 and download files, and wouldnt go any further ,so i let it finish and run the repair and still came up with the same thing D:\i386 and download files ,i cant get online and when i put a disk cd rom i have to run it from inside the program ,not sure if i have to set some thing up for it to autorun , and last but not least when the computer boots up its stops at a page and the only way for windows to boot up is to push F1 so windows doesnt boot tried bios so it boots from the drive .il keep looking for answers cheers

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Ok transfered all Data back to new computer ,but came across a problem when running xp installation ,keep coming up with D:\i386 and download files, and wouldnt go any further ,so i let it finish and run the repair and still came up with the same thing D:\i386 and download files ,i cant get online and when i put a disk cd rom i have to run it from inside the program ,not sure if i have to set some thing up for it to autorun , and last but not least when the computer boots up its stops at a page and the only way for windows to boot up is to push F1 so windows doesnt boot tried bios so it boots from the drive .il keep looking for answers cheers

Hae,
I have the same prob but cant find any other ways to fix it i have the same motherboard also. just wondering if you found a way to fix the prob? and if so what is it?

Thanks
How will connect the internal device in asus m2n68-am motherboard
Blocked Profile
Oct 8, 2010 at 02:37 PM
Hello Tamil,

Which internal device are you talking about?please explain with more information.

Thanks