Following the upgrade to Windows 10, people have started experiencing numerous issues with their Asus laptop. Common complaints include touchpad multi-touch gestures not working and reversed scroll direction. It happens because the Asus Smart Gesture (OEM driver) currently installed on your laptop is not compatible with your new operating system.
Asus Smart Gesture is a small utility that controls the touchpad features such as smart gestures. Unfortunately it is not included in the Windows 10’s installer. This guide will teach you how to install the Asus touchpad driver for Windows 10.
How to install Asus Smart Gesture for Windows 10
- Right-click on Start > Power User menu and then select Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and Features > Uninstall or change a program.
- Right-click on Asus Smart Gesture > Repair.
- Windows 10 will restart. Return to the Control Panel > Uninstall or change a program, right-click on ASUS Smart Gesture and select Edit > Remove.
- Windows will then restart.
- Download and install the latest version of Asus Smart Gesture with support for Windows 10 from Asus website:
- Download Asus Smart Gesture for Windows 10 64-bits. Download Asus Smart Gesture for Windows 10 32-bits.
Once installation is complete, Windows will restart one last time to finalize the installation. Smart gestures have now been restored on your laptop.
How to change the scroll direction?
- Go to the Control Panel and open the Asus Smart Gesture utility.
- Go to the Two Finger section and tick the Content moves reversely with your finger's direction checkbox.
- Click on OK to save your new settings.
To solve other problems related to the Windows 10 upgrade on your Asus laptop (e.g. keyboard shortcuts not working), please download and install the Download/ ATK package.