System Security 09 - can't get around it!

Solved/Closed
Arexsus Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday June 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 4, 2009 - Jun 4, 2009 at 06:10 PM
 Dries - Sep 13, 2010 at 11:03 AM
Hello,
Add me to the list. :( I have the System Security 2009 spyware/virus on my computer. I have tried everything on this forum and then some and still can't get rid of it. Here's what isn't working: can't run the task manager, can't run regedit, can't run any programs for that matter...not even notepad, (I have to open a folder and type web addresses in there to get to the internet,) can download but can't run any registry/anti-virus/spyware programs from the internet, I already have Malewarebytes installed but can't run it either, it's even blocking some of the manual repair sites i've tried to go to from this forum, can't delete System Security program files because they are always in use/write protected, can't start in any form of safe mode, I even tried to run a spare Symantec AntiVirus cd I have and I could view the files but not run the install file...autoplay did not work either, last known good configuration didn't work either, also just found out it has spread on our home network to my man's laptop. Aside from all this it has been bombarding me with popups not related to System Security and in the last few hours my computer has been randomly crashing and showing a blue screen suggesting I start in safe mode (nice touch huh X...O ).

The way I see it, I need a registry cleaner/anti-virus/spyblocker that I can run before windows loads. I saw something about a boot disk with anti-maleware software you could run before windows loads but it was for Vista...I have XP. If you know where I could download something like that to burn to disk or another solution I haven't tried, please please please let me know!!! I appreciate any help. Thanks.

21 responses

chilasia3276 Posts 4 Registration date Sunday June 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2009 2
Jun 30, 2009 at 05:52 PM
i found out instruction how to delete the (System Security on my computer).i’ve follow the advice..its really helped me a lot 100%
WINDOW XP:
1.just go start menu.
2.then click (search)
3.what do u want to search for? click All files and folders.
4.then type:exe
5.look in Local Hard Drives (C:)
then click search and wait for the icon comes out mine is 171813904.exe
6.then right click tht icon and copy and drag it to you( desktop window ) right click to delete it.it doesnt delete authomaticaly,just restart your pc and when you come back delete it then delete it to your recycle bin also…thats i’ve follow the instruction from one genius person here her name is TARA.goodluck to all and wish you the best
Thanks a million chilasia3276. I have been trying to remove it for few days and finally did it. Thanks to TARA too.

Cheers
thnx a lot........................................................
who evr u r bt i mean u 2 b th GOD who saved my COMPUTER............
Thanx to TARA als......
m really very grateful to u both.........
thanx a lot once again................:-)
Thank you so much for posting that! I was on my dad's computer when it happened and I was so scared that I had done something wrong, I tried everything and then finally researched it on my friend's computer (since the stupid spam thing blocked everything) to see if I could do anything about it...and then I came across your step by step instructions and did exactly what it said to do...it worked PERFECTLY!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU GENIUS!!! :)
I really need to get some help with this, because my brother (I think) got the system security on my computer, the little -insert explative here-, and I don't really know how to get it off, and when I get to the search tab and type "exe" I don't know what you mean by the 9 numbers "example 194683052.exe" because I found all different types of numbers with letters in them, so I don't know what to check for, so will someone please help!!!!! Plus, do I have to go into safe mode to do it?
I really need to get some help with this, because my brother (I think) got the system security on my computer, the little -insert explative here-, and I don't really know how to get it off, and when I get to the search tab and type "exe" I don't know what you mean by the 9 numbers "example 194683052.exe" because I found all different types of numbers with letters in them, so I don't know what to check for, so will someone please help!!!!! Plus, do I have to go into safe mode to do it?
Uhh... what if you delete it and it STILL has problems? I can't even do anything on my computer anymore. I start it up, all the stuff comes on, and my computer gets the BSOD. I try safe mode. BSOD. I've just about given up.
i can't find a file with numbers either.. any ideas?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 21, 2010 at 07:57 AM
Hello,

Your will find your answer here as in this case they are no numeric files:

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-97591-system-security-2009-virus
Try removeonline.org thier tool worked for me.
Boot you computer up in safe mode, then you can get rid of it.

Boot it up in safe mode by pressing F8 at the startup screen
chilasia3276 Posts 4 Registration date Sunday June 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2009 2
Jun 30, 2009 at 07:27 AM
I CLICK F8 DDNT WORK.CANT SEE SAFE MOOD ..ANY IDEA

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
archem354 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday June 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2009
Jun 26, 2009 at 03:16 PM
Ok, here's what worked for me. I had the exact same problem. First of all, disconnect from the internet. You'll never be able to get rid of it if you're still connected. You should have an icon for the System Security on your desktop. Right click, go to properties, and then look to see where the target is-it should be in your Documents and Settings folder. At the end of it is a number: mine was 18157464. The one thing on your computer that should still work is Search. Search for that number-set it to search My Computer. Also make sure you set it to search all hidden files and folders. Delete whatever comes up. You won't be able to delete all of it, since it will tell you it's running some of it, but delete as much as you can (including what's in the folders, even if you can't delete the whole folder). Then empty your trash. Reboot and you *should* be able to at least get Malwarebytes running. It worked for me. Good luck!
THANKS FOR THE TIP TO DISCONNECT THE INTERNET!!! Spent hours trying to get this thing off my computer (unable to boot in safe mode) and now (with the internet disconnected), I'm finally on my way to freedom!!! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!
Also - another tip I just figured out. Couldn't run malwarebytes from my infected computer (after I downloaded the ap and tried to launch, it was unresponsive; eventhough I got system security at least partially removed manually, it was still messing with either part of the download or the launching). So I tried downloading malewarebytes from a diffferent (un-infected computer) to a thumb drive and then ran it from the USB port of my infected computer. Worked great! Hope this helps others having the same issue.
Hello,

One minor detail. I was trying to remove the malware under regular user, make sure you are logged in under admin.
What seemed to work for me was just going to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data and deleting the folder titled "13....." I also deleted the files marked on the day I got the malware in C:\windows\prefetch, and I ran and updated Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It was only after I deleted the folder that everything was back to normal. Hope it helps.
Well I have been working on a computer with this same issue. There was no ways to get at this at all. I hit a wall every single time. Main issue was the BSOD that I would get after a min or two gave me no time to actually stop it. Also never was able to get into safe mode or run boot disks....Really this was really the worst case.

What I ended up doing was rather simple. I took out the taking the hard drive from the laptop and hooked it usb with an USB adapter to one of my PCs and then was able to get at all the files and run various scans. 100% fixed.

Hope this helps somebody.
ceeceerideher
Sep 12, 2010 at 10:21 PM
seems like a lot of work, I never got the bsod with this virus are you sure you don';t have more than one problem (the virus+ a hardware config prob?) just a thought, i dont really know.
Don't realy understand Justin 3680. You removed the infected hard drive (in my case my Laptop) and installed it on a PC? Won't this also infect my PC? I'm not to sure of what you are saying. Only the ''rather simple'' stayed in my mind. This virus is driving me crazy. That as....ho...shoud go in jail
ive been battling this virus for the past couple of days, im still working on it, but i did find a work around for running the .exe files, one website i went to (would link but ive been to so many i cant remember which) suggested renaming your .exe file to .pif, its probably not an ideal solution but it has worked for me and it is letting me run .exe files that way. Hope this helps a little in getting malwarebytes running?
FINALYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, IT'S GONE.....I'M SOOOOOOO HAPPY. This was the worst virus i've got in ages. Thanks to this site and all the reading...I can breath again.

THANK YOU ALL.

TONIC
Ok so you should definitely try the taskmanager trick where you open it up right before System Security pops up and then end it. It worked for me and I was able to get online and download Malwarebytes. But I encounter a problem after scanning my whole computer and removing the infected files it prompted me to restart. So I did but after restarting it shows a blue screen with "a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage". I tried to restart with last good configuration and in safe mode but the same blue screen will appear while my comp is loading xp. Does anyone know why or a way past this? Thanks.
PEOPLE!!! If you are having trouble with this stupid System Security 09 spam thingy, go read chilasia3276's step by step instructions and follow then exactly...I did, and that thing was off my computer in seconds!!! YOU DO NOT NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING!!! It's extremely simple and very easy to do, just follow her instructions!!!
i have just copied this message from chilasia3276 thanks alot this really helped and i have added some extra information you might need at the bottom

I found out instruction how to delete the (System Security on my computer).i’ve follow the advice..its really helped me a lot 100%
WINDOW XP:
1.just go start menu.
2.then click (search)
3.what do u want to search for? click All files and folders.
4.then type:exe
5.look in Local Hard Drives (C:)
then click search and wait for the icon comes out mine is 171813904.exe
6.then right click tht icon and copy and drag it to you( desktop window ) right click to delete it.it doesnt delete authomaticaly,just restart your pc and when you come back delete it then delete it to your recycle bin also…thats i’ve follow the instruction from one genius person here her name is TARA.goodluck to all and wish you the best.
my information

after doing this you can download malwarebytes anti-ware its free.if you have done this and finished extracting all the files .
go to my computer
.click on local disc c,
then go to program files ,t
hen right click on the new anit ware and open it ,
you will find an icon named mbam rename this to winlogon.
then try running this anti malware dont worry if it doesnot open switch off ur computer then switch in back on then follow the same instructions as above when u find the renamed file open it and
perform a quick scan.this works
after performing a quick scan
restart ur computer then update the anti-malware and then perform a complete scan the virus will be gone for good it worked for me .
on some computers u wont be able to update the malware before the quick scan because there are still traces of the virus on your comnputer .hope this helps
What worked for me, was getting to the task manager before the security message came up. As soon as the desktop loaded I looked for and deleted the file with the numbers in it. The name of the file was 13467654.exe. You gotta be quick. Thx
I had a tough time getting rid of this thing. I ended up getting it stopped long enough to run Avira and it got rid of it, but it left me with no .EXE functionality. I did a ton of searching for a fix and finally stumbled up on this site. I used the link for the .EXE fix and it worked great so far. Hope this helps those of you that are having the same problem.

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
I clicked f8 on start-up on my laptop and started samsung restore and that sorted it
i can not access to certain windows featuers after removing this virus. whats wrong.
thanks yall
thanks jenile, it worked for me too