To install windows xp

[Closed]
-
 afoo -
Hello,
I want to install windows xp on my computer , I know how to install and i do many times also, actually my laptop cd drive is not working properly. so install through external cd drive. I have an xp cd and i install many times with that cd itself , Now i was using windows vista in my system, i want to remove this vista and install xp. i tried to install xp several times , so the cd didnt boot a black screen is showing nothing will going on. If i put vista cd on the drive , booting will work properly. can u please help me what to do. is ther any booting method using pendrive(usb). if there is please send me the link.

5 replies

i want to delete windowvista and i want to install window xp
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Tuesday April 8, 2008
Status
Last seen
July 23, 2008
why nt remove ur HDD and make it hot-swapable on another pc via USB, format it and return it 2 ur pc and install d xp, bt pls make sure u backup all data first. it occuring bcos is reading any data 4rm d Xp installation cd.
giv me a back feedback.
Registration date
Tuesday April 8, 2008
Status
Last seen
July 23, 2008
i will advice u to install d xp on ur window vista by using virtual machine 4rm microsoft.go to microsoft website donwload virtual machine software,run it and then install xp on it, by that u will be using two operating system (window vista& window Xp) on one computer. but ur pc must meet d minimum hardware requirement b/4 it can work.hv tried it myself,it was absolutely wonderful.i hope u'll like it.
insrt the bootable cd in ur CD-ROM drive-> Restart the computer->Press F2 or Del button->Bios will appear->goto the boot option->Set 1st boot device CD-ROM then press F10.Save Changes press Y then press Enter.
yes i have the same problem