Table Values used to auto calculate and return val

Closed
LeedMe Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday March 28, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2018 - Apr 5, 2018 at 07:54 AM
 Blocked Profile - Apr 24, 2018 at 04:33 PM
Is there a way in a formula to have Excel continually look in a table, and insert a value in a cell , so that the value in another cell will never be below a value of 20? Once that is met, could it insert the P/N in a specified cell automatically?

Please see attached, and thank you in advance...
Related:

4 responses

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Apr 5, 2018 at 11:28 AM
Hi Leedme,

Shouldn't the result be part D because 100/5 = 20, so it is not below 20?

See how this code works out for you:
Sub RunMe()
Dim lRow, x As Integer

lRow = Range("K" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

For x = lRow To 2 Step -1
    If Range("C2").Value / Range("K" & x).Value >= 20 Then
        Range("B2").Value = Range("K" & x).Value
        Range("A2").Value = Range("J" & x).Value
        Exit Sub
    End If
Next x
End Sub 

The code will start looking at the bottom of your table. Check if the value in C2 divided by the table value is higher or the same as 20.
If not, then check the value above it.
If so, then copy the table value to B2 and the part number to the left to A2.

Best regards,
Trowa
Yes,
drastically simplified what I am really trying to do, so then I can see how the macro needs to created to do what is really needed.
I appreciate your help on this!!
Simplified it, but I think I left out an important detail.
I was hoping to have the macro/or formula not care about the math of C2/B2.
Can it just look at E2 and see its below the value of 20, then look in the table and insert the values into B2 until the value in E2 is not below 20?
I will manually be changing the value in C2
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Apr 12, 2018 at 11:25 AM
Hi LeedMe,

The data in E2 is not linked to the table, so when E2 is below 20, then how do we know which data to pull from the table?

When you want to insert values in B2 until the value in E2 is not below 20, then that is what the provided macro does. I added the math C2/B2, so you can change the value in C2 and the macro will still work.

Could you re-explain what you enter manually and what you want to be done automatically?

Best regards,
Trowa
LeedMe Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday March 28, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2018
Apr 12, 2018 at 04:03 PM
I will attach what I am really working on so its clearer.
The value in E20 can not go below a set value of 6.
C2, C4, C5 and C6 are entered to satisfy the formulas in the picture.
I would like to have values from Column M automatically placed in A9, until the value in E20 is greater than 6.
When that is satisfied, then I would like which ever value was used from Column M, to insert the corresponding value in its row from Column L, into cell A3.
LeedMe Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday March 28, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2018
Apr 12, 2018 at 04:07 PM
This is the sheet

Apr 16, 2018 at 11:34 AM
Hi LeedMe,

So to get to the set value of 6 we can use the formula?:
Value from column M / C4 / C5 / A12 - C20

If that looks about right, then give the following code a try:
Sub RunMe()
Dim lRow, x As Integer

lRow = Range("M" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

For x = lRow To 9 Step -1
    If Range("M" & x).Value / Range("C4").Value / Range("C5").Value / _
    Range("A12").Value - Range("C20").Value >= 6 Then
        Range("A9").Value = Range("M" & x).Value
        Range("C3").Value = Range("L" & x).Value
        Exit Sub
    End If
Next x
End Sub

Curious to know if this works out for you.

Best regards,
Trowa
So far this seems to work. Testing it today. I do appreciate they work from you!!!
This woks perfect. Just one last question. If I hide all rows from 7 to 21, then the macro does not work. I would like to hide the underlying formulas.
How can the macro be edited to allow it to still use the hidden cells in those rows?

Thank you again.
Blocked Profile
Apr 23, 2018 at 02:34 PM
@ Trowa - "I do appreciate they work from you!!" as the scope changes.
Apr 24, 2018 at 11:53 AM
@ Mark
This site is a great source of Excel issues to keep my skills up. And when the scope changes, new challenges arise. Without it my skills would degenerate and by the time I need an Excel solution myself, most of the stuff I learned, would have been forgotten.

And isn't it a great thing to offer a solution for free? Not all people coming here are interested in becoming provicient in Excel, just to solve their issue and be done with it.

All that is nice to get in return is a some gratitude, some appreciation. Which I'm getting from this poster, so I'm happy to help.
Blocked Profile
Apr 24, 2018 at 04:33 PM
I agree with everything you just said!

I appreciate your diligence, and most elegant solutions!
Apr 24, 2018 at 11:57 AM
Hi LeedMe,

Then we need to unhide the rows before the code and hide it after the code.

So go ahead hide rows 7 to 21 and give this adjusted code a try:
Sub RunMe()
Dim lRow, x As Integer

Rows("7:21").EntireRow.Hidden = False

lRow = Range("M" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

For x = lRow To 9 Step -1
    If Range("M" & x).Value / Range("C4").Value / Range("C5").Value / _
    Range("A12").Value - Range("C20").Value >= 6 Then
        Range("A9").Value = Range("M" & x).Value
        Range("C3").Value = Range("L" & x).Value
        Rows("7:21").EntireRow.Hidden = True
        Exit Sub