Unable to send photos from my phone to my Mac

Closed
kat - Updated on May 23, 2018 at 09:12 AM
Mitchie23 Posts 15 Registration date Thursday April 11, 2019 Status Member Last seen August 10, 2019 - May 13, 2019 at 02:41 PM
Hi i am trying to send photos from my phone to my mac but it keeps saying that i need to make sure the connections is open. i can send files to my phone from the mac no problem at all. i have made sure that my computer is allowing to receive files which it is and it will pick up the phone on the computer but when it goes to connect it initially says it is connected then it says that it is not it says that the device does not have the necessary service. I'm connected to the internet on both

3 responses

terrygrey Posts 1 Registration date Thursday May 9, 2019 Status Member Last seen May 9, 2019 1
Updated on May 9, 2019 at 07:32 AM
Hi kat,

Wondering how can you send your photos from phone to your Mac? AirDrop or USB Cable?

AirDrop is by far the simplest and fastest way to move photos from one of your Apple devices to another. When you use AirDrop your phone or MacBook utilizes Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to transfer media files. To do this, swipe up on the locked screen of your iPhone to open the Control Center, and tap AirDrop.

Or you can use Photos app to do so. This method of moving your iPhone pictures to your MacBook requires the use of a Lightning cable, which is just the cable you use to charge your phone. First, use the cord to connect your phone to your laptop and open the Photos app on your computer – there’s no need to download it, it’s already there by default. Go to Devices and select your iPhone from the list, your phone needs to be unlocked for the next steps. Choose the photos you’d like to transfer and then click Import To and choose the fold where you want to move the photos. Then click Import to finish.
Dayshunds14 Posts 35 Registration date Thursday August 16, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 12, 2019 1
May 12, 2019 at 01:07 AM
How are you sending it exactly? Airdrop?
Mitchie23 Posts 15 Registration date Thursday April 11, 2019 Status Member Last seen August 10, 2019
May 13, 2019 at 02:41 PM
regarding airdrop, you will need a modern version of iOS on the iPhone or iPad, and a modern version of Mac OS on the Mac. so basically, you need to update your devices.