Options for turning off comments

Closed
E - Aug 14, 2018 at 11:46 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 14, 2018 at 05:00 PM
The opportunity to remove the ability for others to comment or share my posts and pictures is not available to me either on a desktop nor on an android device. The instructions and screen shots regarding the menus ARE NOT THE SAME...as what is photographed in the instructions. I could understand this predicament if it were only available via one platform or the other, but it's NOT AN OPTION anywhere.

I have Windows 10 on a Dell desktop and a Samsung Android.

I should have the option to access the choice regarding turning comments on or off and preventing others from commenting, but it's simply not available on either device.

I've consulted numerous learned adults regarding this issue to ensure I'm following the on-screen instructions. The conclusion is that Facebook engineers have simply not provided all platforms / devices with the same menu options.

After weeks of attempting to remedy, I'm pleading to you for advice or information because I've exhausted what appears to be all options...and since I can't control facebook the way I'm told that I should? My next step will be to deactivate.

May be laziness, but it feels like its discrimination or distortion. Why is it that only some options are available to App users? It's because if you want these options, then you MUST use the app? Well the permissions on the app are insanely invasive so I should not be exhorted into such an unreasonable choice.

Going...going...tell me who / how / when the remedy will be to have the options to turn off comments to posts accessing FB via internet...before I decide to simply GO.

Sincerest Thanks.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 14, 2018 at 05:00 PM
This isn't a PC configuration issues, but a feature of the network you are using!
We encourage you to just abandon that network. If you cannot find answers about their product on their network, then I would encourage you to just leave, as they do not care!

We are CCM.net, and and are here to help with general PC questions. We cannot really help with the functionality of other networks!