Folder Lock 7.7.6 keeps hanging up

Closed
shermn8r Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday September 18, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 19, 2018 - Updated on Sep 19, 2018 at 05:35 AM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 19, 2018 at 04:31 PM
Operating: Windows 10 32-bit

I have the latest version of Folder Lock, ver 7.7.6 and it's installed on my Dell Inspiron 17 laptop, and on 2 new 8GB Western Digital My Books and a Seagate Backup Plus 5GB. I created 2 lockers on each external drive, all at the max size of 2TB. Each of these lockers will, if I ever get Folder Lock to transfer properly, hold between 1 and 1 1/2 TB. I've been transferring several TB of data to the new drives over a period of weeks but Folder Lock keeps hanging up on me and wont respond. Once that happens I have to shut off the computer manually.

Recently, after a reboot, all my Folder Lock lockers were gone. When I opened Folder Lock, the "Encrypt Files" tab was empty. There should have been 6 lockers there. The size on the 3 external drives was correct so the data was there, but there were no lockers.

After two days of hand-wringing I finally found my lockers in "My Documents" on my C drive. I also noticed that my 2TB hard drive was completely full, with only about 2GB free. My C drive is so full that my computer is running extremely slow.

#1 - Why does Folder Lock keep hanging up when I'm transferring folders between external hard drives? Is there some cap on transfers I'm missing?

#2 - Why is there data on my C drive when I’m only moving from one external drive to another? Why has Folder Lock placed so much data on my computer that it barely runs? How do I clear it out? The data I'm transferring was never on the C drive to begin with, it was just an external drive to external drive transfer.

I've contacted Folder Lock support 3 times now. Each time they respond with, "...download the latest version here...." Thats apparently some default that goes into every email they ever send out. The only "help" they've givem me so far was (after I told them all my lockers had disappeared)

"Your lockers were switched into your local drive, so search them into windows search bar."

This grammatically poor response was 3 days after I had found my lockers on my own.

Folder Lock support is extremely poor. I'm still waiting for a response to the last email I sent them. In the meantime I'm hoping someone here might be able to offer some advice.
Related:

1 response

Well, this is too little too late, but there is a built in bitlocker on windows 10. Did you look at the support pge before you decided on this option? Nope, no-one ever does! Always look for the support first before jumping into this stuff! Here comes the hard sell, they will sell you a fix! Oh, that is a stable business model, if your files are important enough!

What they mean by your files are switched, they mean that a KEY is placed on the C drive. If you had to replace the C drive, or if you re-imaged the C drive, the key would just go BYE BYE, and there would be nothing you can do about it!