- - Latest reply: ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
December 11, 2018
- Oct 4, 2018 at 04:10 PM
Hello,

I've been using an Acer Predator G3620 for at least 7 years now. Yesterday my computer crashed out of nowhere, I restarted it and it seemed to work fine. Same thing happened today, but about a minute after restarting it crashed again.

This time when I tried to restart it there was no signal on my monitor. My monitor and computer are connected with an HDMI cable. I googled solutions to this problem and found this advice:

"Remove your power cord and hold the Power On button for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then connect the power cord back and turn it on to see if the problem persists. "

I tried this, but it didn't solve the problem. I tried using a DVI cable in stead of the HDMI cable. My monitor did show windows loading, but it didn't load completely and after it automatically restart a couple of times I got the message that windows couldn't be loaded properly, clicked on advanced options > troubleshoot, and tried SystemRstore (to a version of yesterday) and after that didn't work i tried Startup Repair, which according to some site I should've tried. That site then adviced me to go to command prompt, type sfc/scannow, which I did, and eventually got:

"Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Verification 100% complete

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"

The first two lines on my command prompt (before i typed anything) were:

"Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.1]
Not enough memory resources are available to process this command"

I assume that's not as it's supposed to be as well but no idea what it means . I have no idea what to try from here to get my computer running again, and preferably with the HDMI cable.

I hope this information is somehow useful in trying to solve the problem, if not I'll happily answer any questions. I hope someone could help me out :)
See more 

Your reply

2 replies

Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
December 11, 2018
Thank you
OK, did you run SFC from an elevated prompt (admin credentials)? Press Windows key, type CMD and right click over and select run as admin.

TimonG
Registration date
Tuesday October 2, 2018
Last seen
October 4, 2018
-
Well I can't really do that. The only way I can access the command prompt is by clicking command prompt after clicking troubleshoot on the following screen:

(clicking continue in stead of troubleshoot just restarts the computer again btw)

I can't even start windows in safe mode, so also can't start the command prompt there.
Respond to ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
December 11, 2018
Thank you
Thank you for the feedback.

What about this:

"That site then adviced me to go to command prompt, type sfc/scannow, which I did, and eventually got: "

(that is a quote, and an end quote)

So , how did you run that one?
TimonG
Registration date
Tuesday October 2, 2018
Last seen
October 4, 2018
-
Well I can run the command screen by clicked on advanced options (picture of my previous reply), then troubleshoot here:

Then I get the following screen:
So i

So I click on command prompt. However, I don't get the option to open it as in administrator. I can't do anything except clicking buttons on the screens I sent...
ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
December 11, 2018
-
Go back to the previous version.
Respond to ac3mark