No HDMI Signal + windows problems

Closed
TimonG Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday October 2, 2018 Status Member Last seen October 4, 2018 - Oct 2, 2018 at 10:51 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 4, 2018 at 04:10 PM
Hello,

I've been using an Acer Predator G3620 for at least 7 years now. Yesterday my computer crashed out of nowhere, I restarted it and it seemed to work fine. Same thing happened today, but about a minute after restarting it crashed again.

This time when I tried to restart it there was no signal on my monitor. My monitor and computer are connected with an HDMI cable. I googled solutions to this problem and found this advice:

"Remove your power cord and hold the Power On button for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then connect the power cord back and turn it on to see if the problem persists. "

I tried this, but it didn't solve the problem. I tried using a DVI cable in stead of the HDMI cable. My monitor did show windows loading, but it didn't load completely and after it automatically restart a couple of times I got the message that windows couldn't be loaded properly, clicked on advanced options > troubleshoot, and tried SystemRstore (to a version of yesterday) and after that didn't work i tried Startup Repair, which according to some site I should've tried. That site then adviced me to go to command prompt, type sfc/scannow, which I did, and eventually got:

"Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Verification 100% complete

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"

The first two lines on my command prompt (before i typed anything) were:

"Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.1]
Not enough memory resources are available to process this command"

I assume that's not as it's supposed to be as well but no idea what it means . I have no idea what to try from here to get my computer running again, and preferably with the HDMI cable.

I hope this information is somehow useful in trying to solve the problem, if not I'll happily answer any questions. I hope someone could help me out :)
Related:

2 responses

OK, did you run SFC from an elevated prompt (admin credentials)? Press Windows key, type CMD and right click over and select run as admin.

TimonG Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday October 2, 2018 Status Member Last seen October 4, 2018
Oct 3, 2018 at 10:45 AM
Well I can't really do that. The only way I can access the command prompt is by clicking command prompt after clicking troubleshoot on the following screen:

(clicking continue in stead of troubleshoot just restarts the computer again btw)

I can't even start windows in safe mode, so also can't start the command prompt there.
Blocked Profile
Oct 3, 2018 at 09:59 PM
Thank you for the feedback.

What about this:

"That site then adviced me to go to command prompt, type sfc/scannow, which I did, and eventually got: "

(that is a quote, and an end quote)

So , how did you run that one?
TimonG Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday October 2, 2018 Status Member Last seen October 4, 2018
Oct 4, 2018 at 08:47 AM
Well I can run the command screen by clicked on advanced options (picture of my previous reply), then troubleshoot here:

Then I get the following screen:
So i

So I click on command prompt. However, I don't get the option to open it as in administrator. I can't do anything except clicking buttons on the screens I sent...
Blocked Profile
Oct 4, 2018 at 04:10 PM
Go back to the previous version.