To use name and password to connect

Closed
sri - Updated on Oct 30, 2018 at 05:13 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 31, 2018 at 03:47 PM
Hello,
Every time when I access the folder from network computer using ip address \\192.168.1.2 it open easily.
But I want to use user name and password when I access to network share folders.
Other computer on the network are work normally.
My computer's system is windows server 2012 r2
Everyone please help me .
Thank

2 responses

Let me see if I understand:

you want to protect a certain folder from the network, even to the point that you are challenged when trying to gain access?

this is simple. Set up a share on the folder that is accessible only by the USER of THISNETWORKUSER.

Now, try to gain access to that folder. Put in the password for THISNETWORKUSER, not checking to remember the credentials!

hi sir
im asking (non- domain user )accessing my server share folder means server should ask UN and password for the access

user should not save the UN and password
Blocked Profile
Oct 31, 2018 at 03:47 PM
OK, it is still the same theory. Make the non domain user a user on the local domain (in this case it would be the machine).

SO, if you have a user of JORGE, and you have a share of SHAREFOLDER on a machine named THESERVER, you would make JORGE a USER account on THESERVER (in computer management). You would then set up the share of THESERVER\JORGE on SHAREFOLDER as having Full rights! Jorge can then access the share by .\JORGE or by THESERVER\JORGE. It is that simple!