Password reset email

Closed
marsha396 Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday November 13, 2018 Status Member Last seen November 14, 2018 - Updated on Nov 15, 2018 at 05:20 AM
 Anonymous User - Nov 14, 2018 at 06:33 PM
Hello, I would be so grateful if someone could help me.
About a week ago, I had a message from Facebook, asking me to update my e mail address so that I could continue to receive notifications, change passwords, etc. Thought no more about it until I went to log in on my laptop and realised I had lost my password.
I went through the usual process but I'm not receiving a link with the code. Checked spam but not in there. Other e mails arriving ok.
Cannot add another address as no password!
Am still signed in on Android Galaxy S7 but if I lose access on that I have no way of accessing FB or messenger.
If anyone can suggest anything, it would be great. Thank you.

1 response

You may have been phished. Did you put in your facebook password into that same website? If so, you were phished, and it worked! Welcome to 2018!!!!

What does "being Phished" mean?

It means that you were TRICKED into thinking that the email that you were responding to was from WHO it said it was! THIS IS NOT THE CASE. It was a group of hackers that TRICKED you into entering your info. THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO, BUT YOU!

You must never respond to requests to fill out forms when prompted by an email. Close the email, and go to the site that is asking. If they sent you an email, they will have an ONSITE message that will tell you the same thing, IF IT WERE LEGIT!

Sorry, but it happens. As I said, welcome to 2018!

marsha396 Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday November 13, 2018 Status Member Last seen November 14, 2018
Nov 14, 2018 at 04:40 PM
Hi, thanks. No, fortunately I didn't. I just ignored the message so if I have been phished, I don't know when it happened. I wouldn't be in this mess if I hadn't lost my password. BT have checked my e mails and say the fault is with FB but it is making it impossible for me to change my password.
Blocked Profile
Nov 14, 2018 at 04:42 PM
So what do you think the issue is?
marsha396 Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday November 13, 2018 Status Member Last seen November 14, 2018
Nov 14, 2018 at 04:52 PM
I really don't know. I looked on the FB help forum and there were others that had reported similar problems. I'm still logged in on Android but can't access the laptop.
Anonymous User > marsha396 Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday November 13, 2018 Status Member Last seen November 14, 2018
Nov 14, 2018 at 04:56 PM
You must logout of your android before you can access with your laptop.
Nov 14, 2018 at 04:59 PM
Thank you. Problem is, I won't be able to reset my password because of the e mail issue.