Struggling to verify my identity to unlock my facebook account.

Closed
Anonymous User - Feb 26, 2019 at 04:48 PM
 Anonymous User - Feb 26, 2019 at 05:23 PM
Someone, please help me. I'm getting really frustrated. The FB acc was made in 2012 or 2013 and I was 12 or 13 yrs old. The number registered for that account I have no access to. The email did not exist during that time. I didn't have to activate my FB account by email back then or I used the phone number. Idk. I did make that email last year and since I have been getting the fb notifactions like it's this person birthday celebrate it or tell them something to let them know you are thinking of them. Or like someone has updated their photos or about the group's I was in. As well as you have 96 notifactions unread. Since last year ice been trying to unlock the FB account bc I kept getting the password wrong. And i did remember one and it responds with you used that password before and that I had changed it. Which I did but I don't remember. It's asked to confirm my identification. It only gives me two options. Send a code the phone number (I have no access to) or send some type of identification. Now I'm 18. I don't have a driver's license or and iD card. My school didn't have student ID cards but I dropped 2 yrs ago XC bc of a mental breakdown and the school couldn't help me. I have yet to get an ID or my GED. I don't have a passport bc I had to wait till I was 16 and they needed my father's signature when he doesn't even exist in my life since I was one but they didn't care or are stupid. I really really don't like taking any sort of pictures so I really don't want to an ID or passport and my mom really wants me to get them so I can to my relatives in Guatemala, and no I don't want to mostly bc I don't want to take a picture. I'm really am unphotogenic, I can't even look in the mirror when I go out. I have sent photos of my mail, the website from my school that apparently is my ID but all it has is my picture (Ugly). I even sent a photo of the atm card. Nada though. They responded with that they couldn't confirm my iD or simply couldn't see it. Since yesterday I've tried again. I even sent my birth certificate and they said they couldn't answer my request until I verify my ID. And that I could respond to that email with any identification. I sent all the photo and scans of what I tried since before and yet they haven't answered. When the other responses took like at most 15 mins. Am I being impatient?
I'm really sorry to bother you guys and I must seem really dumb and childish. I just really am stressed and stubborn to get back into that account. Please, someone, help me. Do I have to get an actual ID or a passport which I really don't want to?
It's funny tho bc they never used other methods like answer the security questions or identify my friends. Like is there really no other method. The email registered with that facebook acc finally exist (Thank God no one has the same name as me and had taken that username for Yahoo email) why not send a code there. I understand they are really strict with that stuff but dude what else. I'm getting really frustrated and stressed. I even cried. Again I'm sorry and I may just seem suspicious.

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,173
Feb 26, 2019 at 05:15 PM
Hi

Your birth certificat should be sufficient. A photo of you is not required if you don't have one on your Facebook page. In the USA 13 year old is required to own an account.

If you submitted your birth certificate you must wait for Facebook to look at it and enable your account it may take a few weeks because your are not alone in the same situation and Facebook has 1.5 billion members.

Good luck
Anonymous User
Feb 26, 2019 at 05:23 PM
Alright. Thank you for answering!