Blocked from my Acct 2 pick new Passwords

Closed
itasca - Jun 12, 2009 at 05:55 PM
usttr5 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday May 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2009 - Jun 13, 2009 at 06:54 AM
Hello,
Hello, this morning June 12th 09, @ approximately 2am I was logging into my Yahoo acct. A pop up 'Literally' BLOCKED ME, saying that i had to pick 2 NEW Security Questions & @ New Passwords before i could go into my Account.
I did so, but it did not require an email address & phone optional, which I gave neither.
Where di this come from since I made no such Request nor did I Initiate this.
Later this morning I recv'd another email telling me this information would be added to my Account, and 'Any Changes that were made I would be notified of'. Pardon me, but isn't that my decision?
I do not understand, and wrote back by way of Reply, saying the same, and that I would be contacting Yahoo Security. The mail came back 'Mailer-Daemon'.
I do not know what I am doing with this, apparently I've received an unwanted gift, and ask for any help or advice.Is Yahoo actually requiring TWO PASSWORDS, and for what?
Below is a copy of the mail I recv'd this morning.
I appreciate any & all help I can get, as you know by now, I am not as proficient here as most of you.
Copy below
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The following was added to your account:
new secret questions

You can use the email address(es) in your Yahoo! account to reset your password. To ensure that your account information remains accurate and secure we notify you whenever this information changes.

Regards,
Yahoo! Account Services
This change request was made on June 12, 2009 at 02:08am MST
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I made 'NO SUCH CHANGE REQUEST-I WAS BLOCKED OUT & FORCED TO CHOOSE 2 PASSWORDS!
Thank You
itasca
Related:

1 response

usttr5 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday May 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2009
Jun 13, 2009 at 06:54 AM
hi,

this may be a security procedure from Yahoo.

or this may also be a spyware.

do not reveal any of your passwords.