Some laptop keys not working

Closed
Nikaty - Mar 6, 2019 at 04:57 PM
Mitchie23 Posts 15 Registration date Thursday April 11, 2019 Status Member Last seen August 10, 2019 - Jun 13, 2019 at 01:27 AM
A month ago I took the A and S keys off my laptop -and then was an idiot and snapped the little brackets trying to put them back on. At first this was fine because the keys still worked alright they were just a bit annoying but now the S, W, X, 2 and some of the function keys don't work at all.
I've tried updating the drivers, uninstalling the keyboard and followed HP's instructions for restarting which should get it going again but nothing has worked. I can use a mechanical keyboard and everything works fine then but obviously this isn't really the point of a laptop.
The A key works alright and from what I can see there's no damage, laptop has barely been moved and it's clean.

Any suggestions or fixes would be welcome.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Mar 7, 2019 at 07:45 AM
Get an external keyboard and use it. Physical things wear out!
Mitchie23 Posts 15 Registration date Thursday April 11, 2019 Status Member Last seen August 10, 2019
Jun 13, 2019 at 01:27 AM
yes totally agree, get an external keyboard. if you're using windows, keyboard software can be used. although it can be tedious to use