Copy data onto sheet only if cell has text [Solved/Closed]

danipants 1 Posts Tuesday September 2, 2008Registration date September 3, 2008 Last seen - Sep 3, 2008 at 07:54 AM - Latest reply:  Dave S
- Nov 21, 2017 at 04:26 PM
Hello,

I need to copy formulas and data from a selection of cells in a worksheet (Figures) onto a seperate sheet (summary).

I would like the information to automatically copy across to the sheet (summary) as I type on the original page (Figures).

I would like the information to ONLY be copied if a certain cell within the orginal sheet has a specific word 'text'.

Is there a way of producing this data?

Many Thanks

Dani
See more 

16 replies

Best answer
Thank you
try =if(isblank(cell to be copied)," ",(cell to be copied))

Thank you, morina 24

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1732 users this month

lucaspj35 1 Posts Tuesday February 10, 2015Registration date February 10, 2015 Last seen > Winnick - Feb 10, 2015 at 04:16 PM
This worked perfectly, thanks! I was hoping to use this for my situation, but need some help. I have a workbook file for each day of the week that gets updated. If cell E9 has text on any of the days of the week, I want to copy that text to a Monday-Friday summary workbook. Is there a variation of this formula that would help me accomplish this?
I too had same requirement. Provided expression was really useful. Thanks.
this didn't work
To avoid having to use any custom code, you can also make a "conditional formatting" for when the text "0" is displayed resulting in the text becoming white (or the same background color as required).
If it is purely for esthetical reasons this might be the easiest option.
Thank you
Think that suit to your purpose:

Copy in the cell where you want your text to be automatically updated:

=IF(FIND("Text",'Figures'!B20)<>0,'Figures'!A20,"")

This will copy the text of the cell A20 of your Figures sheet in the cell where you paste the formula, only if the cell B20 of your Figures sheet contains the text "Text".

Cheers
try to add if function with $ sign
eg
Smith 16 12 10 64 70 C
Jones 10 8 6 56 52 P
Tan 18 19 10 88 91 HD Dean's List
Brown 8 15 5 40 48 F

0 F 50%
50 P 80
65 C Dean's List
75 D
85 HD

This is the excel example
now in column F if I need to check the add grades to F2 and copy the formula into other
see
= B2+C2+D2+$E$9*E2

when you copy the formula with automatically change the cell range in others

try once
hello guys. I want to find a word in sheet 2 and automatically copy to sheet 1 by formula (using sheet1)
How do I implement the same function but eliminating blank cells in my second sheet where im pasting all these values?
I know this was ages ago, but I have the same question as Ed! Any help would be greatly appreciated
You could make the range that has all of your copied cells a table and use the filter arrows to view everything other than 0 amounts. The only issue is you have to do this as the very last thing you do. If you add a line by changing the quantity on the other sheet you have to redo the sort.