Solving system error5 [Solved/Closed]

nishachar 1 Posts Monday June 15, 2009Registration date June 16, 2009 Last seen - Jun 16, 2009 at 04:56 AM - Latest reply:  boinga
- Apr 20, 2013 at 08:38 PM
Hello,
I am windows XP user.
i want get admin password for sotware installation .
i try this tips "Net user Administrator *"
the command proper ask for new password I typed and ask again but
it give massge that

"System error 5 has accure
Access denied "
i need to access the admin user for software installation
kindly help me on my mail.
See more 

11 replies

Best answer
Thank you
Try run the command prompt as Administrator.
From your Windows menu, right click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run as Administrator"

It works for me

Thank you, zanasmon 6

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1812 users this month

Thanks! It solved my problem
i am still facing this problem
i have my office laptop that is secured wid admin rights.
i dnt have run option and not even control panel
but still I have managed to open cmd.....
but now I am not able to run it as admin
and using net user gives me syntax error 5 message ""ACCESS DENIED""
please help me to solve this.
thanks .its working
harsh is my name lol
Thank you
mario221, you have wasted half of your time repeating the same thing all over again about contacting the admin to gain access. Don't you see the problem that people are facing? It is obviously clear that they are the admin but they can't log in as an admin somehow. You were not helping at all.

I currently have that problem. I have tried system reg "regedit" to change the dword but to no avail. I have tried net user administrator /active:yes, system boot disk program stuff, almost everything.

My last option is to reinstall my vista. But I still have faith that this can be solve.
yes u r rite
El_Tico 1 Posts Sunday November 8, 2009Registration date November 9, 2009 Last seen - Nov 9, 2009 at 08:35 AM
Thank you
This may be a little too late, but: Restart your computer on SAFE MODE with command , at the first screen, you won't be able to see any user accounts, but just click on the right side of the screen and then the three finger salute! ALT+CTRL+DEL, at this point you have a logon screen displyed and can choose administrator and your password... Good luck man!
mario221 10 Posts Sunday January 4, 2009Registration date June 16, 2009 Last seen - Jun 16, 2009 at 10:52 AM
Thank you
You are not logged in as the computer administrator! Please contact your system administrator!