Black tab bar when "in Private" mode.

Closed
phbonin - Nov 27, 2019 at 12:07 PM
 phbonin - Nov 29, 2019 at 01:12 PM
Hi.
I am on W10, 64-bits. I access my Hotmail.com account using Chrome. My Tab bar is blue. So was the Tab bar on my wife's Hotmail.com page, opened using the "In Private" window from my own page. However, recently, and probably due to some mystery wrong manipulation on her - or my - side, her Tab bar - and ONLY hers - is now black, which she does not like. I am not a geek, but I have managed to find how to change the Tab bar color, but this applies only to my Hotmail page, NOT TO HERS, which remains stubbornly black. Coud someone kindly tell me how to proceed ? As detailed as possible please, again, I do not master Windows beyond the very basic !
Many thanks.
Related:

2 responses

It sounds like it is in dark or night mode.
Maybe, but that does not help me much: what do I have to do to go back to a lighter, or day, mode ?
I just googled how to enable dark mode with hotmail and found this.....https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.groovypost.com/howto/enable-dark-mode-on-microsoft-outlook-com-web/amp/
Many thanks. But again, this does not answer my query: the part that is affected (in black) is not the whole page, but the top part of the screen, where there is the tab bar, then, just under, the address bar, and thirdly, the favorites bar. Everything else is blue, as it was and should be. Only this top part is black, and that's what I want to return to the light blue it was before ! And I can't, and I don't know who can helep !