Connect to internet on pc through phone

Closed
Lady Bug - Jun 17, 2009 at 02:26 AM
 Seenu - Dec 31, 2009 at 02:16 AM
Hello,ive had my omnia for about 2 months now and ive spent all this time tring to find a way to connect to the internet through my pc with the phone and cant figure it out.ive even called samsung to help but nothing works.they say i should plug it into the pc with my usb cable,then on the phone go to start,programs internet sharing and connect.then on my pc i must open internet explorer and it should work but it doesnt.they cant even tell me why it wont work.maybe someone else can try and see if it workz?all my settings seem to be correct.is there software i can use to help?ive tried samsung pc studio but it wont sync or pair.please please help!!!
Related:

4 responses

i have many times.right now im using my pc studio to be on the net now with my samsung d900,and as you can see it works just fine.i dont think thats my problem
Blocked Profile
Jun 17, 2009 at 04:33 AM
hi,

try to reinstall the samsung software and then sync again.

the software is the key to conect your phone to the internet.

so, get it to work first.
can anyone tell me, if i buy a BB from ebay and download the modem from sprint ( have 4 sprint lines and dont want to add another. will the BB work as a modem without having an actual sprint ph # or will thereberry work without a telephone #?
Hi Lady bug..

Do you still have the problem.. If not pls share how you solved it.. If still the problem persisits then try this...

First of all your samsung studio application is not goona help in conecting to internet in yo computer as your mobile runs Microsoft windows mobile, it will be automatically detected as a network connection once you select "INTERNET SHARING" in yo mobile... Try connecting to internet in your mobile browser and then try in yo computer when "INTERNET SHARING" is ON.