My desktop won't show on start up

Solved/Closed
Jennieb - Jun 17, 2009 at 07:50 AM
 PJ - May 1, 2011 at 01:00 PM
Hello,
My desktop suddenly has disappeared when I start my computer up. My task bar, start menu and side bar all appear however. To get the desktop back I need to right click, click on show desktop and then repeat this process and then my desktop appears.
Is there something I can do to restore my desktop so it starts automatically?
Related:

4 responses

Hi, if you press Ctrl , Alt + Delete.. windows task maneger should start (make sure you are on administrater) click 'new task' then type control panel. then go to create back up files, then restore/reboot/re install your system, it should work again, then no files will be lost as you will have your back up items.
sorriy if this did not work on your computer , it worked on mine pretty well!
THANK YOU JAKE! My computer is now working fine! Explorer was not running
cryfor89 Posts 12 Registration date Tuesday March 17, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2009 2
Jun 17, 2009 at 01:48 PM
This is due to a virus! Please update your antivirus and do a complete system scan...
You can also repair your registry files using Registry Mechanics!

Download here:
http://ccm.net/telecharger/telecharger 1953 registry mechanic
Hello,
I suffered with this problems many times and have a fix.
1. press all at once ctrl + alt + delete
2.if you are on vista or win 7 press Start Task Manager
3.A task Manager box will show up
4.on the Processes tab look through the processes and see if there is something called explorer.exe (if there is click on it and then press End Process.\
5. If the Process is missing or you just shut it down then click on Applications
6.Press New Task...
7.A new window will open and there will be a open bar with a box to type something in
8.type explore and if then your task bar and desktop are missing try explore.exe

That is a simple fix to it.
Sure this works until the next reboot, same problem again.