For over a month now I've been having trouble with pictures in Messenger. When someone sends me a picture, it doesn't load (not even if I wait more than long enough). It does however, when I fully close the app and restart it, but next picture they send, same problem. Can't seem to find anyone online with the same issue..
I have an IPhone X, both my iOS and Messenger are up to date. I've tried to delete en redownload the app, but that didn't fix anything.
Hello, I've also experienced this problem on occasion as well. For me it appears to only be when my internet connection is poor. For me the photos load once I have good connection again. Could this be the same for you?
If not, you can try reporting the problem to Facebook here.
Of I found another possible solution - more so related to photos appearing / not appearing the camera roll after receiving them.
1. Open your Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone.
2. With the Messenger opened, tap on your profile icon (upper left of the screen)
3. From your profile, scroll down to the bottom part of the screen.
4. Tap on the Photos, Videos & Emoji's option.
5. Turn on the switch for Save to Camera Roll.