-
Registration date
Sunday June 21, 2009
Status
Last seen
August 12, 2009
-
Hello,
I have a dsl connection to the internet to modem to wrv 54g lynksys router to wpc 54g ver3.1 laptoop adaptor in Toshiba laptop running winxp sp2. I have all kinds of problems. It has worked at times but now I have drop off, (loss of connection) frequently, but tht doesn't matter much since when I am connected (according to win wire zero - the lynksys interface just dosen't work) I can't surf. At times I can't find any networks at all. Security is wpa -psk tkip. I'd rather not make it open - non secure. I did change the adaptor and router to the above mentioned but still have the same problems. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 replies

Registration date
Tuesday March 17, 2009
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2009

Hye the problems comes from your wifi settings,
You will have to re-install your wifi lan driver again!
Registration date
Sunday June 21, 2009
Status
Last seen
August 12, 2009

Thanks for your reply slowfood78. Since I'm not sure which installation discs may have the wi fi lan drivers I may have to reinstall Windows on my Toshiba lap top and all the drivers therein. I'm not too crazy about that idea , perhaps you could point me in the right direction as to where I might find those drivers amongst the set up discs . Are they on the windows disc or some other installation disc? Jim Thanks for yur help.