How to remove old alternate email/phone of yahoo

Closed
Ninehell88 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday April 29, 2020 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2020 - Apr 29, 2020 at 11:41 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Apr 30, 2020 at 02:55 AM
I would like to ask how to remove any old email/phone when signing in. I did removed those alternate email/phone from account setting and replaced with new one but these old alternate still appearing as options to sign in. I afraid someone could use those old email/phone to hack my email. Can someone check the screenshot pls?I will appreciate any advice.

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Apr 30, 2020 at 02:55 AM
Hello, do you still have access to that second email you have highlighted? If you have already changed your login details and back up number within your account, it may just be taking a while to register this change in your PC.

You could try clearing your cache / history to see if the new number / mail appears instead.

Alternatively, try logging in in a private browser window (this would have the same effect as the above option).

As for you account being hacked... the person who eventually gets distributed your old phone number would also have to know your email address, and the chances of this are very small.

Regards