Change Name Manually Windows Media Player

Closed
Doug - Updated on Jun 6, 2020 at 04:05 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Jun 6, 2020 at 04:07 AM
Sometimes when I scan a CD into Windows Media Player it comes up as Unknown Artist and Unknown Album. I haven't been able to find a way to change the name manually. I looked it up and saw something about selecting Tools, etc., but I don't even see a Tools heading on my media player. Also, when I sync to my phone, often 1 song from an album doesn't show up, even though all appear to sync. Any ideas on those issues?

Thanks!
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Jun 6, 2020 at 04:07 AM
Hello for changing the title's and album names, try this:
  • Click on My Music.
  • Under "My Music," use the "Filter" menu, and select Only on this device option.
  • Right-click the album with the tracks you want to update and click Edit info option.
  • In the "Edit Album Info" tab there's a lot of information you can edit, including basic information like album title, artist, and genre.

As for the syncing issue, try troubleshooting Windows Media Player from the control panel.

Regards
David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net