Joining a whatsapp call after "Missed group voice call"

Closed
MgFrobozz Posts 1 Registration date Sunday August 2, 2020 Status Member Last seen August 2, 2020 - Updated on Aug 2, 2020 at 06:34 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Aug 13, 2020 at 07:04 AM
How do I join a call in progress, after being late to pick up the call, and getting a "Missed group voice call" notice? I tried calling back the call initiator, and she was presented the choice of ending the call in progress and then picking up my call, or continuing the call in progress and rejecting my call.

I've been used to doing this with the standard "Phone" app, which gives me three choices:
(1) pick up the new call and end the call in progress
(2) pick up the new call, putting the call in progress on hold, and then join the new call to the call in progress
(3) reject the new call, continuing the call in progress.

Anyone know how to (2) for whatsapp?

I'm running WhatsApp version 2.20.194.16, Android 7.0, Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime.
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Updated on Aug 13, 2020 at 07:13 AM
Hi,

According to WhatsApp Help Center for Android, you can only end your current call and accept the incoming call, or decline it. Unfortunately, it is not possible to put your current call on hold and accept the incoming call if you're using an Android device.

Edit: You can only put the current call on hold and accept the incoming call if you're using an iPhone in case someone calls you from outside of WhatsApp. (Help Center for iPhone)