Suspicious Follower Perhaps

Closed
JollyOzMsn Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 21, 2020 Status Member Last seen October 21, 2020 - Oct 21, 2020 at 10:11 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Oct 21, 2020 at 11:58 AM
Hello,

I have just started extensively using my Instagram Account so have been adding new followers and following many back. I have one follower who keeps messaging me with hi. Or hi. How are you ..
I have said hello back... Then a few days later I get 'hi' again. I respond with g'day being Australian. Then a few days later I get hello again. Then "Nice meeting you" I respond with Good Morning. Then a few days later I get. How are you? Where are you from. I've gone through all my 150+ photos, and there is not one like or comment from this follower. They appear to be fairly new with most of 11 posts done on the first day. I find it odd that this person just chats and seems to want to get to know me. I'm hesitant to tell her where I am from. I was almost going to tell her where I was from, but my photos show this. Am I right in being cautious here? It just seems odd. Thanks.

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 86.0.4240.99

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Oct 21, 2020 at 11:58 AM
G'day, you're better being safe than sorry. If you don't know them and they are acting suspiciously, then you best avoid sharing any personal details with them, and should probably just ignore them, or stop them from following you.

Regards
David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net