About the TIK TOK Live

Solved/Closed
Yellowboy - Dec 7, 2020 at 08:10 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Dec 14, 2020 at 11:17 AM
Q1: Ok , i have my account since was Musically ( 2016 ) and i had 4.000 followers , now in 2 last years i have 7.380 followers I'm 20 years old and i still can't do Live on Tik Tok ? Why ?

Q2 : Second i never has been in the FY Page ( For You Page ) the last 2 years and my views are extremely low ( i heard about the shadow ban ) is it probably ?! How can I be un-shadow banned from Tik Tok ( without creating a new account ?

Thanks a lot ????

2 responses

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Dec 7, 2020 at 02:30 PM
Hello,

Q1 - The TikTok live option is for those that have over 1000 followers (which you do), however TikTok has stated that it has the right to reserve this option for producers of "high quality content"...

Q2 - This could be related to the quality of the content that you produce - in the eyes of TikTok / the TikTok algorithm. I'm not sure about shadow bans, but you could try creating a new account, and post the same video / a similar video and see how many views they get. Without having the 7000+ followers on the new account, there may be a bit of bias, however if you suddenly got more views on the new account, it would suggest that something needs to be done to your old account.

Have a try, and let me know how you get on,

Regards
David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net

First of all thanks a lot ???? !

I did it and at my new account the same videos got more views ( from 300 to 890 ) , go to Fy page and gained 200 likes so ???? What i can do about my old acc to solve the problem ? cause i want to use my old ( i have emotional connection with it ) and i want to continue use it but with the engagement that i deserve ????

Thank you !

from Yellowboy
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Dec 14, 2020 at 11:17 AM
Hi Yellowboy,

Tthat must be reassuring that it isn't a question about the quality of your content if you are getting more views, and already quite a few likes for a new account.

It seems to confirm what you had feared abut your old account, that there was something limiting your reach, like a shadow ban... As for how you can get the same amount of engagement on your old account, I wouldn't know where to begin I'm afraid.

You could keep using both accounts in the short term, and when you feel ready to move over permanently to the new account (maybe when the second account has more likes...). Although long term, I don't know what the repercussions of posting duplicate content will be.

Regards