No operating system

Closed
Moniks98 Posts 1 Registration date Monday November 16, 2020 Status Member Last seen November 16, 2020 - Nov 16, 2020 at 07:59 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14304 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 - Nov 16, 2020 at 05:39 PM
Hello,

I updated my pc to the newest windows 10. Everything was working fine until the update. Now when I turn my pc on, only the pc logo comes up and then it reboots. I can't get into command or advanced settings and can't open in safe mode. The only thing I can do is open my BIOS.

Any help would be appreciated.
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14304 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 1,891
Nov 16, 2020 at 05:39 PM
Hi,

Try repairing Windows 10 using by creating an installation media. From another computer, download from this link the Windows 10 installation media tool.

When the installation media is downloaded, launch it and choose Create installation media. Next, select the same settings as the Windows 10 version of your computer.

Connect an empty USB flash drive into the computer, then in "Which media to use", choose USB flash drive. Click on Next and select that USB flash drive.

Once the installation media is created, eject the USB flash drive and connect it into your computer. Turn on your computer and access to its BIOS to boot from the USB.

On the installation screen, look for Repair your computer and click on it. Next, go to Advanced Options > Troubleshoot > Startup Repair. Then follow the instructions.

If the problem persists, repeat the above steps by booting from the USB flash drive and choosing again Repair your computer > Advanced Options > Troubleshoot. Now select Command Prompt. Type the following commands and press Enter:
  • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
  • sfc /scannow

In case your computer still can't boot properly, choose Go back to the previous version in the "Advanced Options" to revert to the previous version of Windows 10.

Good luck.