Windows explorer not launching

Closed
Prakhar_4331 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday November 11, 2020 Status Member Last seen November 11, 2020 - Nov 11, 2020 at 04:18 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14297 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 16, 2024 - Nov 11, 2020 at 06:55 AM
Upon my startup, on my Windows only the wallpaper appears, there is no icon, folder etc. And when i searched the Internet about this, then i got 1 solution to start task manager and launch Windows explorer manually, but in my case the task manager only is not launching by any of the ways such as ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt+del.

So what should I do? Pls help.
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14297 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 16, 2024 1,891
Nov 11, 2020 at 06:55 AM
Hi,

Restart your computer. When you see the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key, click the Power icon and choose Restart. This will allow you to start Windows in Safe mode.

After your PC restarts, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. Then choose the Safe Mode option.

Sign in to your account and open the Start menu. Search for "cmd". Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.

Next, type the command sfc /scannow and press Enter. Once the verification process is completed, type chkdsk c: /f /r to check your hard drive after restarting. Press Enter and restart your computer.

Good luck.