Can't see stories

Closed
shmagi - Apr 3, 2021 at 03:46 PM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Apr 6, 2021 at 04:58 AM
Hello,
I've got a weird problem which I didn't find solution to by googling it.
Basically, I can't see stories from a certain person with: my account; with different account; even without being logged in at all. I tried using my regular IP, gym wi-fi and 4G - still nothing. I used pc, mobile app, chrome on mobile. I know they have active stories, since I can see them on instadp.com and they also post screenshots of the replies to their stories on their feed.
Is it some sort of location exclusion or what am I dealing with?
Also, worth mentioning that said person is an influencer and I've never contacted them in any form.
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Apr 6, 2021 at 04:58 AM
Hello, as you've never had contact with them before, it would be unlikely that they have hidden their Instagram stories from you (you can check this article to see if they have).

You could install a VPN to check that it isn't a location related issue, although that also seems unlikely.

Is it at all possible that you have accidentally blocked their stories?

You can also try uninstalling / reinstalling the Instagram app to the latest version to see if that helps.

I'm sorry I can't help more, but as you've said, there isn't much info about this issue online...

Regards