Do you find that your Snapchat video gets blurry and that uploaded videos are in lower quality than your phone is capable of producing? Don't worry, this article will explain how you can fix blurry Snapchat videos.
Why are Snapchat videos blurry?
If you are wondering why Snapchat ruins video quality, you are not alone, this is very common. After using your Snapchat login, and going to the Snapchat settings, you will notice that there is no High Definition option when you set up the default video quality on Snapchat, there is only standard or low. This is because Snapchat uses various compression techniques when you upload your videos in order to save time - the more compressed the video is, the less time it takes to upload and to save money - the smaller the file size, the less bandwidth it consumes.
Unfortunately, the compression is lossy, meaning that the video will have a lower quality after it is compressed and uploaded, and make the video quality poorer.
How to improve blurry videos?
There are several possible solutions to fixing blurry Snapchat videos:
Try to compress the video yourself by reducing its duration or by using software or a tool, like Google Squoosh to reduce its definition to something you find "acceptable".
Try to upload your video or image over a WiFi connection rather than a 3G/4G or even 5G connection.
Be absolutely sure that the video or image is not simply blurry and out of focus. You can do so by using general photography tips on how to take good photos, and even on how to upload high-quality photos to Instagram. These principles apply to Snapchat as well.
If you are unable to retake a specific photo that you want to upload and want to clear up a blurry photo, then you should know that you can correct blurry photos for free, after having taken them, thanks to different software.
Check that you aren’t using a Snapchat filter that creates blur or distortion deliberately in your photos.
- Set the Default Video Quality on Snapchat
- How To Use Snapchat Video Filters
- How to mute myself on Snapchat call? [solved] > Forum - Snapchat
- Enable Snapchat's Front Facing Flash
- Set Default Camera Orientation on Snapchat
- How to replay a Snapchat story
- How to add Snapchat effects to a photo
- How to reply to snap story
- Forgotten Snapchat password and email: recover your account
- How to disable wake screen on Snapchat: iPhone and Android
- Calling features on Snapchat: video and voice calls
- Take pictures in black and white on Snapchat
- Turn off Snapchat notifications: iPhone and Android
- How to create a Snapchat account
- How to change Snapchat camera orientation
- Change the number of best friends on Snapchat 2021
- Create a custom story on Snapchat
- Set the default video quality on Snapchat: iPhone & Android