Windows Audio Service Keeps Stoppping, Sounds

Closed
cracker - Jun 24, 2009 at 09:01 AM
 Beast_Slayer - Dec 14, 2009 at 09:21 AM
Hello,

Here's what happens. When I start the computer, I hear the windows start-up music. Then, after boot up completes, somewhere in the process, the windows audio service stops. I have run services.msc, highlight windows audio service. This system is set to run automatically. But invariably, it will stop running. Yes, everything will run after I click on 'start'. But after a little while it stops itself again.

I've check the dependencies list in 'services' and both are set to run automatically as well (Plug&Play and RPC). I've uninstalled and reinstall drivers and have seen no help.

Plz help me in dis regards . .
Related:

3 responses

I had the same problem. This often happens after a virus attack. Some viruses that are programed to disable a lot of functions like "Task Manager", "Regedit". I know this, because it happened to me to. Reinstalling Windows usually helps. I know about some "Microsoft FixIt" tools that can help. Google it. I fixed firewall/ICS service with it. There are many versions. So maybe it's not really easy to find the one you need, or is it? Just google for Microsoft FixIt
Blocked Profile
Jun 24, 2009 at 10:08 AM
Hello this problem comes from your sound device driver. Just re-install the driver and the problem will be fixed. Use your Driver CD ROM to install!
Blocked Profile
Jun 24, 2009 at 10:40 AM
You should re install the audio driver and that's it