Why is there a red description bubble in my TikTok video?

Closed
LGRYTHM Posts 3 Registration date Sunday February 27, 2022 Status Member Last seen March 23, 2022 - Updated on Mar 1, 2022 at 09:12 AM
 Nasha - Jun 2, 2022 at 01:29 PM
This just started showing up. I do not have any copyright music on my videos, but I did edit them into the video using Adobe Premiere pro. I also upload the videos via the website, and not the phone app, because it is easier for me since these videos are already edited. The music is Royalty Free and not from the sound library on TikTok, but should still be able to be used. I use them on my YouTube without issues.

Is anyone else seeing this red description and knows what it means? I'm sorry I don't use TikTok the way everyone else does? I do have some I uploaded via the phone app, but they also have the red description bubble.

Please, I know I can't be the only one with this issue. There has to be someone out there that knows what this is?

3 responses

I figured it out!

When I look at my descriptions logged in as myself, they are the red comment bubbles, but they look normal when my sister looks at them from her account.

So I guess everything is normal for other people, but creators see their content in red comment bubbles.
LGRYTHM Posts 3 Registration date Sunday February 27, 2022 Status Member Last seen March 23, 2022 4
Mar 23, 2022 at 09:19 PM
Hm, I am starting to wonder if TikTok is doing something on Creator accounts where the red may symbolize an attempt to apply different algorithms in how that video circulates. Because of how they may view advertisements. Since my content tries to advertise my website, maybe that apply some kind of filter to make it show up differently.

When this started happening I noticed a significant drop in my view count. I wasn't doing anything wrong, I own the license to all my music that I use. Even though I edit them into the video using adobe. But I have this feeling that anyone who uses their website in their videos, like putting visit www.website.com could end up getting filtered for creators. And the red is that algorithm being applied. And we are just able to see it, and they are not telling us what it means. Yet, here we are, possibly being affected by an algorithmic change.

Any thoughts on this? Noticing changes in your view count? Mine always stop around 70 views now.
HiImDuckieee > LGRYTHM Posts 3 Registration date Sunday February 27, 2022 Status Member Last seen March 23, 2022
Mar 23, 2022 at 11:40 PM
I make public videos using tiktok sounds and do not promote any business in my content. If we are both getting the red bubbles even though we are doing very different things, I think it’s safe to say that what we are posting isn’t the problem.

I really don’t think it’s anything other than how your own content shows for you. Others should still see your posts like normal.