I have suddenly become unable to send any emails

Closed
Brit - Mar 1, 2022 at 09:34 AM
 HonestLoy - Apr 7, 2022 at 02:31 AM
Hello,

I have suddenly become unable to send emails from my yahoo account. When I click send it says 'the reply to address on your account has not been verified, change in settings'. When I try to do this, it says the email address already exists, so I can do nothing to fix this, please help. I am using the website on a laptop.

System Configuration: Windows / Edge 98.0.1108.62

6 responses

Unfortunately, when I select this option, it says there are NO email addresses: "0 out of 10 used". I then try to add mine by typing it in correctly, and it then says that the address already exists, and I am unable to do anything further......
HelpiOS Posts 14296 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 15, 2024 1,891
Mar 1, 2022 at 05:33 PM
We need to make sure that you only go through your Yahoo account to send and receive emails.

The "Send-only email address" is only to add different email addresses other than your Yahoo email address, that's why you get an error. Leave it empty.

Go to the other category, in Writing email. Check in Default sending address that your main Yahoo email address is set as the default address.

Go back to your inbox to compose a new email, then try sending it to yourself to test if it works now.

If you still encounter the issue, log out and log back in to your account.

Good luck.
Thanks for your continued help. I have followed your advice but the message persists, and I cannot send any emails. I can use the account OK and send emails via windows Mail, so it is a yahoo screw up of some sort, I think....
HelpiOS Posts 14296 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 15, 2024 1,891
Mar 3, 2022 at 03:19 PM
Now we know that the issue is exactly with the Yahoo site.

I invite you to try accessing your account from another Web browser.

Let me know if that changes anything.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Dear,

I saw your comment about this problem, I have the same problem with YAHOO email, I follow what you said and I still have the same problem
Any new suggestion, please

Kind regards
Mar 1, 2022 at 10:15 AM
Hi,

In your Yahoo inbox, click the Settings icon > More Settings.

Select Mailboxes. Under Send-only email address, select the email that appears and choose Remove send-only email address.

Then go to Writing email and set your default sending address.