My 20 Gb Folder Is Suddenly DIssapper

Closed
RehmanShiru - Mar 10, 2022 at 01:24 AM
Irina2207 Posts 46 Registration date Friday January 21, 2022 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2023 - Mar 10, 2022 at 03:55 AM
My 20 Gb Folder Is Suddenly DIssappear i have checked the hidden file folder it's not there and and i have checked all the folder it' not been moved or deleted i don't know it suddenly it gone i have data in it which is about very impotant and please help me to find the Folder
Related:

1 response

Irina2207 Posts 46 Registration date Friday January 21, 2022 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2023 34
Mar 10, 2022 at 03:55 AM
The solution for "folder disappeared in Windows 10/11" can vary from different causes. Usually, it happens in the following 5 cases. You can opt for an effective method according to your situation:

Case 1: Folders are hidden.
sometimes, the folders that seem missing or vanished are hidden somewhere. And the File Explorer is not configured to show hidden files. To show hidden folders and files, follow up the following steps.

1. Open “This PC”.

2. Click the “File” tab at the top left corner, then choose “Change folder and search options” from the list.

3. Then choose the “View” tab and check “Show hidden files, folders and drives”.

4. After that click on “Apply” and save the changes to get back the files.

Case 2: Folders in the other User account -
Check whether the user’s account is changed or not. Sometimes, when you upgraded to Windows 10, it creates a new user account for your computer and sets it as the default account. To change the account to your old user account that includes the folder you want to find, just follow these steps.

Step 1. Click on the “Start” button in the menu and type the user icon.

Step 2. Then click “Sign out”

Step 3. On the sign-in windows, type in your old account.

Step 4. After switching, one can get back all files and folders instantly.

Case 3: If the missing folder is the AppData folder

Now it’s time to try the third solution, which is checking for the Temp folder. The Temp folder is used to store certain launch configurations and cached data for all applications installed on the computer.

For Windows 10 users, to recovers the disappeared folders and files, the first step is to go on "C: \Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp" folder. Most of the time disappeared records are found in this folder. However, one has to perform some manual steps to retrieve data.

Case 4: If it's caused by hard drive system errors

Have you ever checked your hard drive on windows 10 to look for what is troubleshooting? Do you have any idea that maybe your hard drive index is corrupted which unable the files to show up in a folder? Here is how one can fix up the hard drive and get all the files and folders back into the system.

Step 1. Open “This PC” and try to locate your hard drive.

Step 2. After finding it, right-click on it and choose the “Properties” option.

Step 3. The next is to select the “Tools” tab and press the “Check” button.

Step 4. Click “Scan drive”, you will see that your hard drive will start scanning for possible errors.

Step 5. After scanning, some hidden files and folders will be restored.

Case 5: If it's caused by an indexing issue
Another solution is to change the index option on your computer if your files disappear and not showing. This is a practical solution and maybe work effectively in your case. To change the index option, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps.

Step 1. Press “windows key + S” to open up the search bar.

Step 2. Then type “Indexing options” in the search bar and select it by clicking.

Step 3. When the windows get open, click on the “Advanced” option.

Step 4. In the Advanced option, open the index setting tab.

Step 5. We will see the troubleshooting tab there with the rebuild button. Click on the “Rebuild” button, and the problem will be solved.