Locked account advice from Yahoo

Closed
bz3 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday April 19, 2022 Status Member Last seen April 19, 2022 - Apr 19, 2022 at 01:56 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14327 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 8, 2024 - Apr 19, 2022 at 06:59 PM
Like everyone (I guess) I'm asked every two weeks to re-sign into my Yahoo e-mail account. But this time it said I had tried too many times (I tried once) and locked me out. I called a representative who helped me to recover it and she told me that the next time the re-sign-in message appears I should not check the "keep me signed in for two weeks" option (she was a bit hard to understand, unfortunately). But if I don't do that won't the same message keep popping up every time I try to access the account?

Any advice?

2 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14327 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 8, 2024 1,883
Apr 19, 2022 at 05:10 PM
Hi,

I think because you don't sign in by confirming your password during 2 weeks, Yahoo may decide to automatically lock your account for security reasons to ensure that only the legitimate owner is using the account - a kind of security check.

If you sign in each time by confirming your email and password, Yahoo's security system should let you access your account normally, as long as you use the same device from a familiar location. Otherwise, Yahoo will not recognize the activity and may lock your account again.

To avoid any issue like this one, I recommend that you download the Yahoo Mail app on your mobile phone or tablet to access your account. Even if you confirm your password just once, your account will not be locked in the future.

In case your account was locked, you can unlock it anytime using the Sign-in Helper. Your recovery methods will be necessary to proceed to the recovery process.
bz3 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday April 19, 2022 Status Member Last seen April 19, 2022
Apr 19, 2022 at 06:46 PM
Yahoo has been requiring me to re-sign in every two weeks for several years now. It's quite annoying. But today I re-signed like I always do and it locked me out, saying that I had tried too many attempts to sign in (I just entered the information once)--error code 205.2.

When I called Yahoo support she was able to set everything straight by going to att.et and signing in there, but she advised me not to check on the "keep me signed in for 2 weeks" option when this happened again. But if I do that, then won it force me to re-sign in every day? From a casual search on-line it seems that this is a common--and very frustrating--problem.
HelpiOS Posts 14327 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 8, 2024 1,883
Apr 19, 2022 at 06:59 PM
Following the suggested method by Yahoo support, you will need to log in manually each time. To avoid to enter your credentials manually, you can save them in your browser. This way, when you sign in, your credentials will already be pre-filled.