Recover deleted whatsapp before i loss my job

Closed
Mr.conolly Posts 1 Registration date Thursday June 9, 2022 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2022 - Jun 9, 2022 at 01:32 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14304 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 - Jun 9, 2022 at 04:40 AM
I need to recover a deleted whatsapp message

I have a habit of deleting my messages to save space on my phone

3 days ago I got a message from a female client, and responded, could not comply with her request.

today my boss told me that she complaint that I harrased her sexually via whatsapp.

my job is on the line, I need to recover the message to show my boss.

I tried everthing I could find online including deleting my accout and reinstalling, and backing up from the cloud.
message still not coming up.

please help
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14304 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 1,891
Jun 9, 2022 at 04:40 AM
Hello,

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, the chances of recovering your messages are limited without having a backup. You may check if there's any local backup on your phone by accessing the File Manager and going to WhatsApp > Databases.

If you can see files named like this: msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12, rename the one that may contain your discussion to msgstore.db.crypt12. If the crypt extension number is different than the example, don't change it. Then, reinstall WhatsApp to restore your local backup.

If the backup you've restored doesn't have that discussion, try with another file by repeating the previous steps. In case you don't have any local backup, try looking for the notification history of your Android device by going to Apps & Notifications > Notifications > Advanced > Notification History. There, you may see the messages from that person.

Alternatively, download Hidden Settings For Android and search for Notification log (Settings$NotificationStation) to access your notification history.

At the last resort, try looking for a data recovery software for WhatsApp. Unfortunately, most of them are paid software - but you can scan your device for free to see if your messages can be recovered or not.

If by chance you've used WhatsApp Web and it hasn't been sync yet with your phone, the messages may still be there. Try accessing it without an Internet connection to avoid to lose that deleted discussion.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!